Sunday Supper Aug. 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Following tradition, we had tacos for dinner tonight. Can't let the traditional Taco Sunday go by without a taco dinner!

Andy, he's gonna help you.:LOL::LOL:

Welcome Mohamedzo from Wisconsin.

Mashed potatoes and big salads, cantaloupe and grapes.

Sous Chef is having his choice of a Marie Calendar frozen dinner, probably the chicken and dumplings. I'm having a feast of fried calf liver with onions and bacon, fried potatoes too. I haven't made it in years!! :yum: I'll also have a salad.

Hmmmmm, tacos sound kinda' good. I have all the stuff. Plus, I'm in Texas, so they will be REAL tacos, kinda' like REAL maple syrup in Massachusetts.;)

I'm thinking grilled chicken, on flour tortillas (what I have on hand).

Here in "Tejas," we always have tortillas on hand. It's like a loaf of bread in other places.

CD

The Elders had salmon, potato salad, and purple beans from the teeny-weeny bean patch my Dad planted. I had some beans. I don't eat after 3:00 p.m., but couldn't resist the beans. Actually, I only eat when I am hungry. Rarely am hungry after 2-3 p.m.

We had "Texas pork burgers" on homemade, whole grain hamburger buns, with all the fixings. It was pretty good. I got the hamburger bun recipe from GotGarlic. They were pretty good for a first try. The supper was better than pretty good. ;) :yum:

We had "Texas pork burgers" on homemade, whole grain hamburger buns, with all the fixings. It was pretty good. I got the hamburger bun recipe from GotGarlic. They were pretty good for a first try. The supper was better than pretty good. ;) :yum:

Please share the recipe. I've lived in Texas for 40-plus years, and have no Idea what a "Texas Pork Burger" is. Is it a pulled pork sandwich? Is is a ground pork burger?

CD

Himself grilled a pork tenderloin that I seasoned with salt and Penzeys "Parisian" blend in an attempt to clean out some of my jars of spice blends. Sides were steamed broccoli and Carolina long grain and wild rice blend. Spinach and arugula salads topped with bacon, hard cooked eggs, shredded mozzarella, black olives, and grape tomatoes. Buttermilk dressing for me, Bleu cheese for Himself. IMG_20190804_212619070.jpg

Please share the recipe. I've lived in Texas for 40-plus years, and have no Idea what a "Texas Pork Burger" is. Is it a pulled pork sandwich? Is is a ground pork burger?

CD

I put it in quotes because I wouldn't have called it that. I order food from a local greenhouse that also sells meat and other stuff from local farmers. It's what the package says. It's ground pork with seasonings, already shaped into patties. Texas pork burgers

Sous Chef is having his choice of a Marie Calendar frozen dinner, probably the chicken and dumplings. I'm having a feast of fried calf liver with onions and bacon, fried potatoes too. I haven't made it in years!! :yum: I'll also have a salad.

Well, that was over the top delicious and I cut a piece of the liver to show it was fried to pink tender perfection. SC even had a little nibble, and declared it was nothing like his mother's.

Attachments

• P8040024[1].jpg
    P8040024[1].jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 115
Good looking dinners here this evening! Everyone's dinners sound great. :yum:

I threw together a quick 2 enchilada dinner (cheese), and a couple of chicken tacos from leftover and seasoned rotisserie chicken. I could only eat the 2 tacos and part of one enchilada, so I'll repurpose the rest for tomorrow.

Last edited:
I had an early supper today, or a late lunch, when a friend came over. I had made up another large batch of one of my raw tomato mixes, to add to pasta, along with some quinoa and cannellini beans, for nutrition. This 4 qt bowl of it is the leftovers, after two large bowls that we had!
Raw tomato pasta, with olive, garlic, basil, and anchovy paste. With quinoa and beans added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

One of those dishes that I have to grow tomatoes for! by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Since this was so early, I had a later sandwich on that new bread, with braunshweiger, and a thin slice of onion. Plus a cut up tomato on the side.

Last Night's Chicken Parm w/ Pasta, and a Salad...

Chicken Parm.jpg

Maybe a Mod will delete the "Never mind" post for me..... Don't know why we can't delete our own posts..........

We had grilled b/s chicken thighs w/sweet baby rays sauce, garlic/butter noodles and green beans..

Pumpkin pie for dessert...

Ross

Attachments

• Chicken thigh dinner.jpg
    Chicken thigh dinner.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 109
Hey Pepperhead, those pasta look just like the whole wheat Racconto Farfalle that we buy. I just love how precise and uniform they are and they make a very pretty meal. I use them in all our cold summer salads. Your dinner looks scrumptious.

Back
Top Bottom