Sunday Supper ~ Dinner Thread 11/21/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I got the meanest onos (that's Hawaii speak for really want to eat)
PASTA!
We haven't had our Sunday Pasta Supper for a whiles now,
so ...

56875-albums1045-picture8517.jpg

(file photo from my DC album)
Mussels in Red Sauce for DH

Clams in White Sauce.jpg
(file photo)

Canned Clams in White Sauce for me & Mom

What'cha makin'?

My son was gifted a bottle of red wine, and cheese. We never consume wine, as I've previously posted. However, as the alcohol cooks out, he is making wine braise venison from the mule deer he harvested. The meat is so rich in flavor, but not gamey at all, I think this one will be great. The braising liquid will be used to make gravy, with mashed potatoes on the side. I don't know what the veggie will be yet. I'm looking forward to dinner tonight.:yum:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We are home from our mini-vacation. I wasn't ready to get back to cooking. We ordered from Bâton Rouge. We both ordered the prime rib sandwiches au jus. DH had a fully loaded baked potato with his. I had seasonal vegis with mine. It was delicious. I would have preferred one of their excellent steaks, but that just doesn't work well for delivery. They get steamed to overcooked in the plastic delivery box. It's a waste of good beef.

Tonight's dinner was a combination of recipes from two of our members.

Steve Kroll's Hungarian Goulash Soup and

salt and pepper's Cast Iron Skillet Dinner Rolls.

6E509112-DE16-4120-BBFD-854F73CA5E16_1_105_c.jpg

Well, the best laid plans of mice and men... We got home from church (2 hours for our meetings) and my son checked on his braised venison.. He'd put it into a very large enameled Dutch oven, with water, and wine, covered, and placed it into a 350' F' oven. Wish I'd known this, and he would listen to my advice. I would have told him to set the oven to 220' F. He opened the lid and we have venison jerky. There was no liquid left in the pot. Fortunately, the meat hadn't yet picked up any scorched flavor, but he now has to make something else. At least he can't tease me anymore about my overcooked (but not burned) meatballs anymore:LOL:.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Sunday was birthday party for oldest great grandson. He turned 8.

He wanted lasagne and hot dogs, so he got that. The adults enjoyed bacon wrapped beef filets, grilled by grandson

Birthday boy also wanted a cake with his face on it. Daughter complied. [emoji6][emoji16]

Ross
IMG_20211121_172245977.jpgIMG_20211121_155210707.jpgIMG_20211121_160839048.jpg

Cute cake, Ross! He has a pretty cool Mom.

The calendar may say that Thursday is Thanksgiving, but the turkey in the fridge told my SIL that it was ready to be cooked Sunday. Our meal consisted of turkey, stuffing, asparagus, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie...and the best part, family. [emoji813]

Back
Top Bottom