Sunday's Dinner - 9/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had the rest of the White bean and Italian sausage soup that I made last week. Just as yummy this time. Stirling had his with wholewheat miche and I had rugbrød on the side.

18 September, White bean and Italian sausage soup with ww miche.jpg 18 September, White bean and Italian sausage soup with rugbrød.jpg

I'm old enough to remember when shrimp cocktail was the classiest thing you could order in a restaurant and it was all the rage. That may be why shrimp is my favorite seafood and shrimp cocktail is my favorite way to eat it.

Attachments

• IMG_0323.jpeg
    IMG_0323.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 2
Leftovers to tonight, but earlier I made a small amount of guacamole - my rain check from national guacamole day, when all my avocados were rock hard. Today, one of the 6 barely ripened, so I used that with a small tomato, plus one of those Hanoi Market chiles - my favorite pepper to put in guacamole! I have 5 more avocados to ripen, that I will share with some friends, eventually.

I seared two smoked pork chops just long enough to make them blush, then simmered a mess of greens beans with them while our yellow potatoes baked. Probably the last time for my Pfaltzgraff "Summer Breeze" plates until next year.
20220918_205413.jpg

Homemade smashburger with deli American cheese, lettuce, tomato (tasteless big, red waterbomb), and mayo.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom