Super Bowl Sunday, 2-2-2020, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Spanish omelette with potatoes, onions and chorizo (homemade) with a pimenton/garlic aioli. Salad is mandolin sliced red onion, avocado and blood orange segments.

Attachments

• 2020-02-02 19.15.22.jpg
    2020-02-02 19.15.22.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 136
Beer bratz on the grill, Jack Stack beans, P.S. and French Silk pie. Plus a Coke to wash it down.
I'm in heaven and thank you Super Bowl for giving me a good reason to enjoy the feast and the game!.

Last edited:
Some guacamole, and some taco fillings. I also made a batch of black beans, but never ate any of those - another day, or three.

According to Eater, one of the iconic dishes of San Francisco* is clam chowder in a Boudin Bakery sourdough bread bowl. We aren't into soup in a bread bowl - those things are something like a half pound of bread! So I cut a bread bowl in half, put one half back in the bag, and split the other half with Himself. Capt. Parker's clam chowder went into regular ceramic bowls.

*Cheering on the 49ers because Nick Bosa from THE Ohio State University is on the team. Go Buckeyes!

I was planning to make this quick pizza: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f157/pizza-dough-103721-2.html#post1613670 I had even mixed up some some ground pork and spices to make Italian sausage to fry up in chunks and put on the pizza, with other stuff. But, I got a migraine this afternoon and wasn't really capable. I got Stirling to fry up the sausage so it wouldn't go off. Well, after having completed a number of other chores earlier, that pooped him out completely. So, we had some pre-sliced Jarlsberg on baguette topped with some of the fried up Italian sausage crumbles and tomato sauce. It was pretty darned good for a low effort meal. The rest of the Italian sausage crumbles went in the freezer.

We munched on cheese and cracker about noonish..

For the game, I baked Mexican hot dogs and had mac salad as the only side..

Simple fare for a fun Super Bowl.. I cheered for both sides during the game..

Ross

We had doctored-up Food Lion brand personal-size pizzas. Mom had the cheeseburger one with bacon pieces and extra cheddar cheese on it, mine was the cheese pizza with shredded ham, mushrooms, and shredded colby jack cheese. Salads on the side, mini cookies for dessert.

Living in a house of full grown men who love football and food can be rough.
Rough but hardly a dull moment.:LOL:

They went all out for the game. Brined and then smoked a turkey.
It was fantastic. They also Q'd up potato wedges and veggies.
Now what to do with all the left over turkey and other fixings.

Decisions, decisions...?:ohmy:

Munky.

The Souschef made his always delicious carnitas Chimichangas.

We're not big football fans but think it's mandatory to watch the Super Bowl. I like when it's a close exciting game and even though we should support the California team, glad the 50 yr old dream was granted to KC.

Not surprising this was our favorite commercial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=6xSxXiHwMrg&feature=emb_title

Last edited:
No Super Bowl snacks here last night. I made arancini from last week's leftover risotto, marinara sauce, grilled pork chops and salad. 2020-02-03-15-48-51.jpg

The Souschef made his always delicious carnitas Chimichangas.

We're not big football fans but think it's mandatory to watch the Super Bowl. I like when it's a close exciting game and even though we should support the California team, glad the 50 yr old dream was granted to KC.
The only thing I really know about football is this mantra I learned playing flag football in high school: "Incompleted forward pass, back to the line of scrimmage!" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So I yell that out whenever I think it's appropriate. I'm usually right, I think ;)

Kayelle, I have to agree with the commercial - anyone who hasn't seen t yet, make sure you have tissues with you when you watch it the first time.

Back
Top Bottom