Superbowl Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plans for Superbowl Sunday?

• Total voters

Bethany1907

Assistant Cook
If you're having people over or going to someones house for a get-together on Superbowl Sunday...what kind of food will be there/you bring? I'm not very much into football & we're going to have a few people over, and am looking for ideas of foods that people will snack on while probably drinking beer & such..

We will be co-hosting a Super Bowl party in Aruba. We are there during the game every year. Last year we had a poolside Super Bowl party that included great appetizers, food and drinks and all this in your swimsuit.

It was extra good because I won $200. from the squares I bought for the game!

Andy M - we're invited, right? :mrgreen: I can bring the blender for some kind of blended tropical drink!!

We'll be going to a rather small gathering - I don't have a clue yet what I'll take. One year we did sushi and it was great but I don't feel like doing all that work. I know there will be a pot of chili and well....sushi and chili just doesn't sound right!

I was the one that voted as not interested, dont care about football but I still enjoy a good getogether on occasion. I like to bring something my mom made when I was growing up:
Mini meatballs in a bbq/apricot sauce made in the slow cooker.
Yum! Course I always felt it worked best with Cookies BBQ sauce which is a very sweet molassas sauce to begin with.

We will have a few people over. I will watch this thread for ideas on what to make.

Go Pat's yes indeed!

We have some friends who host a Super Bowl party every year. I and most of the other women hang out in the kitchen/dining area while the guys watch the game. I could not care less about football - I just enjoy the social aspect :)

Here's a really tasty low-fat dip:

Tzatziki (Yogurt and Cucumber Sauce)

3 cups low-fat yogurt, plain, drained
1 cucumber, medium
1 clove garlic -- minced
3 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh dill -- chopped
1 teaspoon fresh mint -- chopped
salt -- to taste

Line a colander or strainer with cheesecloth, put it over a bowl, and put the yogurt in the strainer; refrigerate and let drain for 1 hour. Discard liquid. Peel and seed cucumber, and shred in food processor or with large holes of box grater. Let sit about five minutes, then drain and squeeze out excess water. Combine all ingredients and chill at least a few hours. Serve as a dip for crudites and baked pita chips, or as a sauce for gyro sandwiches (grilled chicken in pita pockets with lettuce, tomato, onions and tzatziki).

we will have a few people over .. and we do a tv in the living room
for the people that want to watch the game ..
and a tv in the kids playroom for those that like to talk about commercials
and what not ..
as far as the menu .. we usually get a couple itialian loaves and make giant subs ..
then slice into finger food sized pieces ..
i will probably smoke a pork butt ..
someone will bring chili ..
last year we went upscale .. all wine .. all nice finger foods .. cheese fruit etc..
one thing that is for sure .. there will be at least two bushels of oysters ..
a friend brings them every year .. we are trying to get some Lynnhavens since they started harvesting again this year ..

We have hosted a party the last several years with the same menu every year ...

Chili Dogs
Sweet and Sour Wings
BBQ Meatballs
Stuffed Mushrooms
Cheese and Venison Sausage
Veggies with Dip

I'll start next weekend making the wings and chili and freezing them. People tend to bring something to contribute.

Would have been nice if it were my Packers ... maybe next year. It will still be a good evening!

I always enjoy the superbowl , because if I am hosting or going to a party elsewhere I
always have a great time no matter what teams are playing. we have always great food
great friends, great times. I always like to record the new commercials each year. this
year I think I am going over to my brother`s house for superbowl sunday, his two sons
and four grandsons will be there, so it will be a great atmosphere.

We are watching the game but we aren't having a party and we weren't invited anywhere. I think I'm going to try a homemade Chicago style deep dish pizza and have some other snacky type appetizers too.

My answer isn't "represented" :ermm:
I don't go out anymore and I don't host parties anymore. I'm too much into football and it is the last game of the season.... the memory will have to carry me until the April draft.
Well, that and the NFL Network :LOL:

Neither attending, or hosting.

I Am however, gona cook up a bunch of stuff, have a great time, have a few "special waters", and who ever shows, shows.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<ducks for cover>

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<ducks for cover>
I'm with you, TATT - go Eli!

dh will be grilling tri tips outdoors (unless this storm continues).
And along with the steak will be my pico de gallo, tortilla chips & fresh guacamole, big green salad, a cheese plate (we never host a party without a large quantity of cheese), a veggie plate, a few assorted desserts and beverages for all.

I agree, its bittersweet- I love the Superbowl no matter whose playing, but it reminds me of the months of waiting until the draft.

I always make my barbecued beef stew topped with cheddar cornbread pudding. And then I have friends bring appetizers, one friend always brings cocktail weiners with spicy mustard and sliced stromboli.

Oh well, back to my diet on the 4th I guess.

Oh, and Go Giants! ;)

"barbecued beef stew"
That sounds good! Do you have a recipe here somewhere? Well, I suppose I could use search.....

Back
Top Bottom