Supper Saturday, 12-10-2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Top round was on sale for only $2.99 this week. I couldn't resist. Seared it in my Staub braiser to have some fond. Roasted it in the toaster oven, convection setting. Meanwhile, I sautéed mushrooms in the braiser and made the gravy, cooked green beans, made potato patties from yesterday's leftover mashed, and prepped zucchini to roast/broil while the roast rested. Sunday dinner on Saturday night!

20221210_210847.jpg

What was your supper tonight?

A naked burger on a plate, baklava, and a cup of hot tea with lemon and honey.

The place I get my produce basket gives a gift when you order at least $100 worth of stuff (Canadian dollars, ~USD75). One week, our gift was some frozen pork and coriander dumplings. I finally tried them tonight. I made some dipping sauces: soy ginger sauce, nước chấm, and nước chấm me (with tamarind instead of lime). I cheated and used some tamarind sauce instead of doing the whole hot water and tamarind paste thing. I didn't add the garlic or chile. I put that on the table, so we could each add as much as we wanted. I served it with a salad and the cumin potatoes that @blissful recommended. I used fingerling potatoes. They were good and will be made again. We will also be ordering those dumplings in the near future.

Attachments

• Pork and coriander dumplings, cumin potatoes, dipping sauces, and a salad.jpg
    Pork and coriander dumplings, cumin potatoes, dipping sauces, and a salad.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom