Supper thread 2022 December 24, Xmas Eve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Whether you celebrate Xmas or not, what did you have for supper?

We had the Québec traditional Xmas Eve tourtière for supper. I served it with roasted sunroots (Jerusalem artichokes) and potatoes, as well as Danish red cabbage, pickled beets, and gravy. It was very good, even though it was a store bought tourtière. (My homemade tourtière has never fallen apart like this one did.) Then, we had "Old Tom Collins" cocktails for dessert. No pix of the cocktails.

Attachments

• tourtière, roasted sunroots and potatoes, rødkål, and pickled beets.jpg
    tourtière, roasted sunroots and potatoes, rødkål, and pickled beets.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 4
  • tourtière, roasted sunroots, rødkål, and pickled beets.jpg
    tourtière, roasted sunroots, rødkål, and pickled beets.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 3
DH picked up some rockfish filets at our local fishmonger's. I seasoned them with Penzeys Trinidad seasoning - lemon pepper with garlic and ginger - and topped them with seasoned panko, then baked them. Meanwhile, we baked potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts. Potatoes are topped with Concord Farms Potato Seasoning and sprouts with balsamic vinegar.
20221224_202901.jpg

Our power was out for almost 2 hours. It is back now & I'm crossing my fingers that it will stay on. Was likely caused by high winds & trees vs power lines. Things seem calmer now! My plan was to make Sheet Pan Mini Meatloaves with potatoes and green beans...but I'm questioning the wisdom of that plan! We'll see.

Our power was out for almost 2 hours. It is back now & I'm crossing my fingers that it will stay on. Was likely caused by high winds & trees vs power lines. Things seem calmer now! My plan was to make Sheet Pan Mini Meatloaves with potatoes and green beans...but I'm questioning the wisdom of that plan! We'll see.
Did you mean to post in the Xmas Eve supper thread? Has your power been out that long?

Back
Top Bottom