Surf and Turf: Duo of Foie Gras and Ahi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
I love doing appetizer specials because you can get more creative and you're not restrained by the whole "protein-starch-veg" standard that guests have when ordering an entree. If I had it my way, I would do an entire menu based on tapas or "small plates" style of eating, but most diners in Hawaii are locked into the traditional app-salad-entree deal.

This one came out pretty cool. It was a duo of yellowfin tuna and Rougie foies gras, with a pretty healthy piece of foie (about 2 oz. pre-cooked). The foam is made from Aji Amarillo peppers which are from South America. The other sauce is an heirloom tomato vinaigrette. I added a slice of Maui Gold pineapple to add some sweetness which balanced out the acidity from the vinaigrette and the heat from the foam. The greens are micro arugula which added some contrast in texture and flavor. Bon appetit!

"Surf and Turf" Duo of Pan Seared Rougie Foie Gras and Yellowfin Tuna
Maui Gold Pineapple, Heirloom Tomato Vinaigrette, Peruvian Aji Amarillo Emulsion, Micro Arugula

Nice, I haven't got into foam thing yet..

I would have been concerned with the clash of flavors from the foie against the Tuna, although the textures should be great match.

Interesting choice..

Cool stuff! I think the pineapple is a nice touch too, sure it was nice with the peppery micro arugula.

BTW, I was in the store the other day, got to the restaurant and looked around for a bit, looked like Brunch was wrapping up. NICE kitchen, didn't know if you were there.

Sat on the $45K Couch too, lol.

Nice, I haven't got into foam thing yet..

I would have been concerned with the clash of flavors from the foie against the Tuna, although the textures should be great match.

Interesting choice..

The ahi and the foie actually went well together. It's kinda like seafood and bacon/prosciutto. It can definitely work as long as the sauces and other contributing ingredients help to marry everything together.

Cool stuff! I think the pineapple is a nice touch too, sure it was nice with the peppery micro arugula.

BTW, I was in the store the other day, got to the restaurant and looked around for a bit, looked like Brunch was wrapping up. NICE kitchen, didn't know if you were there.

Sat on the $45K Couch too, lol.

That must've been the Fendi couch huh? What time were you there, about 1:30-2pm-ish? I didn't get in on Sunday until closer to 3pm.

Yea, I missed you then, I had to get ready to be to work at 3:30.

WHAT A STORE! Can't wait to come in for dinner I grabbed a menu and have my meal planned out, sans the specials on offer, that might change everything.

Yea, I missed you then, I had to get ready to be to work at 3:30.

WHAT A STORE! Can't wait to come in for dinner I grabbed a menu and have my meal planned out, sans the specials on offer, that might change everything.

Yeah, we get 25% off of the furniture, but the stuff is still super expensive. If or when you do come in, get the duo of lamb.

I didn't even know you got a job here already. That was fast.

That must've been the Fendi couch huh? What time were you there, about 1:30-2pm-ish? I didn't get in on Sunday until closer to 3pm.

a fendi couch?

omg, i hope my wife never hears about it.

you'da thunk they'd make a fendi futon.

or maybe a coach couch?

a chanel chaise?

btw, nice appy i.c.. i like the play on aji.

I love doing appetizer specials because you can get more creative and you're not restrained by the whole "protein-starch-veg" standard that guests have when ordering an entree. If I had it my way, I would do an entire menu based on tapas or "small plates" style of eating, but most diners in Hawaii are locked into the traditional app-salad-entree deal.

This one came out pretty cool. It was a duo of yellowfin tuna and Rougie foies gras, with a pretty healthy piece of foie (about 2 oz. pre-cooked). The foam is made from Aji Amarillo peppers which are from South America. The other sauce is an heirloom tomato vinaigrette. I added a slice of Maui Gold pineapple to add some sweetness which balanced out the acidity from the vinaigrette and the heat from the foam. The greens are micro arugula which added some contrast in texture and flavor. Bon appetit!

"Surf and Turf" Duo of Pan Seared Rougie Foie Gras and Yellowfin Tuna
Maui Gold Pineapple, Heirloom Tomato Vinaigrette, Peruvian Aji Amarillo Emulsion, Micro Arugula

Looks good enough to eat! :LOL: IC, I'll have one of those, please!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom