Sweet Zucchini Bread and Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Mom's been making this zucchini bread for as long as I can remember. My favorite way to eat it is in two slices, with a large helping of butter in between.:rolleyes:

Mom's Zucchini Bread

2 eggs
1 c. vegetable oil
1-3/4 c. granulated sugar
2 c. grated zucchini
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. chopped pecans, optional

Beat eggs with oil and sugar. Add zucchini and vanilla.
Mix well. Blend in mixed dry ingredients. Stir in nuts if using.
Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. Bake @ 350 (325 for glass)
for 1 hour. Check with toothpick at 50 minutes.
Do not overbake!!!

Here's another recipe Mom makes -

Zucchini Muffins

3 c. grated zucchini
1-1/2 c. vegetable oil
3 c. flour
3 c. sugar
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. chopped nuts
1 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Preheat to 350.
Combine zucchini and oil in large bowl. Add
remaining ingredients and mix just until blended.
Turn into 30 well greased or paper-lined muffin
cups. Bake about 25 minutes.

*Mom's note: Excellent flavor!
Makes huge batch. suggest cut recipe in half.

Jkath, the zucchini bread recipe is almost like mine, except I like to add raisons. Love that stuff...I spread a little butter on a slice and nuke it for a few seconds until the butter melts. I've never made the muffins...I'll have to give them a try.
Thanks for sharing!

:)

I actually like the bread best when it's been chilled. I rarely put nuts in it, as I like mine soft. Today a friend gave me half of a giant zuke. She asked for the recipe, so I thought I'd post those I'd sent her here too.
(The muffins are great! btw)

Hi,

I´ll give you a biiiiggggg compliment. They taste so great. A little bit like German Christmas Lebkuchen (gingerbread). Great!!

But I´v taken one cup less sugar and they are also enough sweet, much sweeter we eat here.

greetings from Germany
Tanja

My favorite way to eat it is in two slices, with a large helping of butter in between.

I really like them this way too. Another good use for leftover zucchini bread is to turn it into a rustic bread pudding, with a homemade custard and lots of brown sugar.

That looks really good jkath!

I'll have to find and post my zucchini bread recipe when I have the time. Someone gave it to me back in 1978. My mom didn't like it because it is so sweet, but I love it. It actually has almost the same amount of sugar as flour, but the sugar gives it the "crustiest" crust (if that makes sense!).

:) Barbara

Barbara, it would be great if you could find your recipe. I know just what you mean by "crustiest of crusts" and I love that on a sweet bread! :)

karaburun, I'm so glad you liked it! What a great complement!

ICadvisor said:
I really like them this way too. Another good use for leftover zucchini bread is to turn it into a rustic bread pudding, with a homemade custard and lots of brown sugar.

I never thought of that! FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!!:chef: :chef: :chef:

Barbara, I need your crustiest of crusts sweet recipe too.

Last edited:
I make my zucchini bread just about exactly as your posted one, with the exceptions of using chopped walnuts and adding finely diced raisins. I got my recipe from my grandmother (on my mother's side) years and years ago. She was just the best cook/baker I've ever known. Anyhow, the bread is great with butter as you stated, however, even better with soft spreadable cream cheese. If you've never tried it with the cream cheese, go for it, it's great!

Here's my mom's version--the wheat germ makes the crust delicately crispy, too! You can make it without, but it's soo good with!

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs

1 c oil
2 1/2 c sugar
2 c grated raw zucchini
1/2 c raisins
2 tsp cinnamom
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1/4 tsp powder

3 c flour

1 c ch walnuts
3/4 c wheat germ

beat eggs
add sugar oil salt cinnamon soda powder and zucchini mix well
gradually blend in flour
mix well
fold in nuts, raisins and wheat germ
pour into greased pans 1 bundt or 2 loaf
bake at 350 for 1 hour--test with a toothpick, and keep baking if it's gooey, checking at 10 min intervals.

Back
Top Bottom