Taco Tuesday AND Cinco de Mayo?? (Dinner)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Taco Tuesday AND Cinco de Mayo ?? - No- Brainer !

For me, it was Taco's (Chicken- I have no Beef) Red Beans & Rice....
I almost bought a bottle of Cuervo...... Haven't had a drink since a month or so after I lost my best friend..... but it was in one end of the parking lot , and out the other...... proud of myself ; She'd be proud of me too..

Tacos, Chicken, Red Beans & Rice.jpg

Porchetta sliders with caramelized onions and roasted vege mayo. Dessert will be salted and chocolate chunk shortbread cookies.

Attachments

• 2020-05-05 18.20.01.jpg
    2020-05-05 18.20.01.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 2020-05-04 20.09.02.jpg
    2020-05-04 20.09.02.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 71
We thought the idea of tacos on taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo sounded like a great idea. But, Stirling ran out of spoons. He had nightmares and didn't get much sleep. I would have made them, but I got a migraine. So, Stirling defrosted some of that bean and Italian sausage soup I made last week and we had that for supper. That soup might be too filling. :yum: :chef:

That's ok Taxxi. It's a virtual fiesta this year. No one will know you are having tacos mañana and we won't tell.

This year's feast day includes guacamole, corn black bean kind of dip and tortilla chips. I only had room for 2 tacos, but hey, that means More tomorrow.

I had an Indian taco at lunch and then Dad bought a bag of tacos, I think they were 0.59 cents a piece. Mom, Dad, Jethro the dog and I ate tacos until we were stuffed.

Buttercup, my dog, got a taco and the cats had meatloaf and green beans. The cats weren't too crazy about the green beans, although Hazel ate a few, so Buttercup got those, too.

We enjoy Mexican food often, but not today.

We had killer Bratwurst sandwiches with shredded Diakon and slivered red onion pickled in rice vinegar/sugar/salt. They were also on top of our avocado slices.

Attachments

• P5050023.jpg
    P5050023.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 82
We had smoked pork in the freezer, so I simmered chunks of it with homemade tomatillo salsa and made tacos with it. I also heated refried beans with red salsa and lime juice and topped it with mozzarella cheese mixed with Penzeys Arizona Dreaming. Happy belated Cinco de Mayo! 20200505_202822.jpg

I made tacos tonight. I got some fresh ground beef from butcher, and I didn't have any Mexican seasoning. I made my own with some chili powder, salt, pepper, seasoned salt (has MSG), and I tossed some white onions in with the meat. I drained the fat, added water, and let it cook down a while.

I put the meat in the corn hard shells along with cheese and cooked in oven for 5 minutes. Then served them with some sour cream and habanero hot sauce.

Back
Top Bottom