Talking about Pomegranate vinegar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
I saw a bottle of pomegranate molasses a few months back. As one never knows when one might have the need for a bottle of pomegranate molasses in an emergency, I bought it.

Can anyone come up with something I might use it for as the emergency has not yet occurred

I'm not sure if you mean 'vinegar' or 'molasses'. I googled pomegranate vinegar on Amazon and in the comments were some ideas.that might be what you need.

Pomegranate and lamb will always go together in my mind because of the great dishes I had at a restaurant (Persian style) in San Francisco years ago.

A recipe for Pom. molasses marinade for rack of lamb follows. I haven't made this because my credit card is near to maxed out already! :rolleyes:

Cookstr - Rack of Lamb with Pomegranate Molasses Glaze

Sorry if none of this helps you.

I'm not sure if you mean 'vinegar' or 'molasses'. I googled pomegranate vinegar on Amazon and in the comments were some ideas.that might be what you need.

Pomegranate and lamb will always go together in my mind because of the great dishes I had at a restaurant (Persian style) in San Francisco years ago.

A recipe for Pom. molasses marinade for rack of lamb follows. I haven't made this because my credit card is near to maxed out already! :rolleyes:

Cookstr - Rack of Lamb with Pomegranate Molasses Glaze

Sorry if none of this helps you.
No, definitely pomegranate molasses. I think it may have a use in middle eastern cookery as the labelling is bi-lingual - English and Arabic.

Thanks Cave

I saw a bottle of pomegranate molasses a few months back. As one never knows when one might have the need for a bottle of pomegranate molasses in an emergency, I bought it.

Can anyone come up with something I might use it for as the emergency has not yet occurred

Ideas for using pomegranate recipes

Some great ideas here. The one for a chicken glaze sounds great! :angel:

Here's a recipe I developed for a client using their pomegranate molasses and their pomegranate balsamic vinegar. It is abso-friggin-lutely the best barbecue sauce you will ever use, and you can use another brand if you wish.

[FONT=Arial, serif]Amoretti[/FONT][FONT=Arial, serif]®[/FONT][FONT=Arial, serif]Pomegranate[/FONT][FONT=Arial, serif]Barbecue Sauce[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, serif]Ingredients:[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, serif]1 cup Amoretti® pomegranate balsamic vinegar[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, serif]1½ tsp Amoretti® pomegranate molasses[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, serif]3 Tbs Amoretti[/FONT][FONT=Arial, serif]®[/FONT][FONT=Arial, serif] Organilicious Agave Nectar[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, serif]½ tsp Amoretti[/FONT][FONT=Arial, serif]®[/FONT][FONT=Arial, serif]Guinness Beer Compound[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, serif]1⅓ cups water[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, serif]1 6oz can tomato paste[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, serif]1 tsp Worcestershire sauce[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, serif]½ tsp [/FONT][FONT=Arial, serif]Frank's Hot Sauce [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, serif]1½ tsp whole grain mustard[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, serif]¼ cup dark brown sugar[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, serif]½ cup chopped onion[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, serif]2 tsp chopped garlic [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, serif]½ tsp grated ginger[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, serif]½ tsp salt[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, serif]Instructions:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]Combine all of the ingredients in a large pot and simmer on medium-low for 3 to 5 hours, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick and rich. Set aside. Sauce will keep for 1 week tightly covered in the refrigerator, or 3 months in the freezer.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]To bring your barbecue together, turn on your oven broiler or fire up your barbecue grill. Coat cooked meat thoroughly with the barbecue sauce and either grill it under the broiler on a lined cookie sheet or on a charcoal or propane barbecue grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until the sauce begins to bubble. Turn meat and slather with more barbecue sauce and grill 3 or 4 minutes more. Watch meat carefully because sugar burns easily. [/FONT]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom