Target And Kroger Could Be Merging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kroger turned their pharmacy over to CVS a year or two ago. Kroger has been experimenting with Kroger Marketplace "superstores" (there is one in my town) so there is some real potential in them joining forces.

Kroger is huge. Even if you don't have a Kroger branded store near you, you have a Kroger owned store near you. Ralph's, Fry's, Smith's, Dillon's, Harris Teeter, and a dozen or so others. Not to mention Fred Meyer Jewelers (there is one in the Kroger Marketplace in my town. Yeah, you can buy milk and diamonds in my local Kroger store.

Kroger is the largest supermarket chain, and the second largest retailer, behind Walmart. Target is the second largest discount store chain behind Walmart. The two combined would be a formidable competitor to Walmart.

This could get interesting.

CD

Interesting is right, cd. I just hope prices go down no matter who marries whom. Then again, it won't affect me up here. Besides, no matter where we've traveled, I must admit that at this point I'm basically unable to beat the prices I pay at Market Basket. Unless I shop Aldi.

29 brands...and not one up here in the Northeast. Scroll to the bottom of the page:

The Kroger Company

Back
Top Bottom