Tax Day Tuesday, 4/17/18, what can you afford to eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Casey - awesome! gotta check that out for my platinum Weber.

My Weber kettles are Golds, but the kits are the same. There are rotisserie kits available for your Platinum, too. Weber makes a good rotisserie kit, but I have a Cajun Bandit rotisserie kit for my kettle.

CD

Attachments

• RicoChickCookingTTT.jpg
    RicoChickCookingTTT.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 107
Wow....going through the pics this evening...what wonderful looking dinners! I'm sure getting a lot of inspiration for future menus. :chef::yum:

Spent the refund already, have all new counter tops for kitchen and bath (just need to install)...dinner out, I had a BLT with ham and bean soup at the diner. It was great!

Sounds great, Princess. Glad to hear you're gettin' back into the swing of things with remodeling. Oh, and I could sure go for a BLT, and ham and bean soup...adding that to my menu. :yum::LOL:

Chicken Jalfrezi here tonight (sauce from a jar). Sides of white rice and toasted naan.

I rubbed the cubed chiken in s&p, cayenne, turmeric, and garlic, then browned it in grapeseed oil, added slivered onions, then the sauce.

It was delicious. Shpuld have added the onions later so they still had a bite.

Spent the refund already, have all new counter tops for kitchen and bath (just need to install)...dinner out, I had a BLT with ham and bean soup at the diner. It was great!

Those new countertops are going to make your food taste a lot better. Well, that's how I justify spending money on my kitchen. ;):LOL:

Don't forget to post some pictures when they are installed!

CD

Those new countertops are going to make your food taste a lot better. Well, that's how I justify spending money on my kitchen. ;):LOL:

Don't forget to post some pictures when they are installed!

CD

I'm more excited by the new bathroom counter, it will be made from purpleheart. The kitchen counters will be butcher block, 24 feet of it. Have a lot of painting to do, too!

I will be taking pictures.

Sounds great, Princess. Glad to hear you're gettin' back into the swing of things with remodeling. Oh, and I could sure go for a BLT, and ham and bean soup...adding that to my menu. :yum::LOL:

Actually, this is all remodeling that was planned before, with a few changes like the purpleheart. I sacrificed the new washer and dryer to get the remodel done with this tax return. We'll see what happens next year.

Purple wood counter tops? Now THAT is cool, PF. I wonder if LPBeier knows about them...

Good looking and sounding food. I tried another new recipe tonight. This was one from Rachel Ray. Good, but won't come around as often as I'll make last nights hash brown quiche. I made Crispy Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Arugula. I'm thinking it needs a *pop* from something like pancetta. We had salads, too, for the appearance of "healthy".

Attachments

• 20180417_205420.jpg
    20180417_205420.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 109

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom