Tea Farm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
My son has lived in China for the past few years. Due to covid, they are restricted to travel outside of their province, so he hasn't seen asa much as he'd want to. I told him, aside from the obovious things (big cities, great wall...) he should see if he can see a rice paddies or some rural villages. Things aa little less main stream ( thats what I'd do). Just yesterday when asked wha the did this weekend, he told me they took the bus to the mountains and hiked for a few hours and sent me a pic. After observing , I asked him if those were Tea Plants ( a tea farm). He acknowledged that I was . ( not sure why he didn't tell me what it was off the bat. Luckily I had taken aa tea class years back a coffee and tee festival. The woman giving the lecture showed many pictures of where and how the tea plants were grown. The second I saw its , I knew what it was. It's cool to see how they incorporated the plants into the mountains. I have successfully crown a Korean Tea Plant , but have also successfully killed it. I still do grow several mints, chamomile , and a few other plants I make tea with. A few years back, during one of our cross country adventures, we stopped at the Celestial Tea Plant in Colorado ( I think Boulder). In the future , there is a Team Plantation in South Carolina that gives tours . I think they are affiliated with Bigelow Teas.

Attachments

• Tea farm.png
    Tea farm.png
    931.7 KB · Views: 11
Himself and I visited The Charleston Tea Company on one of our visits to the Holy City. We even did the tourist thing and bought tickets for the trolley ride - still the same $15 as when we were there years ago. While I knew much of the information from the ride and tour of the processing plant (because I read up ahead of time), Himself said that he learned a lot. It's a nice place to spend a couple of hours, but the tea itself isn't really special. I figured buying a box help supported the place, though.

Charleston Tea Company

Himself and I visited The Charleston Tea Company on one of our visits to the Holy City. We even did the tourist thing and bought tickets for the trolley ride - still the same $15 as when we were there years ago. While I knew much of the information from the ride and tour of the processing plant (because I read up ahead of time), Himself said that he learned a lot. It's a nice place to spend a couple of hours, but the tea itself isn't really special. I figured buying a box help supported the place, though.

Charleston Tea Company
I think thats the place I have on my list to visit. Just waiting til Im in the area and will put it on the list of things to do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom