Telepathy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I wonder how many people understand that we’ve achieved telepathy.

Thanks to the internet, I can sympathize with a friend who is far away, type a message of care and sending along a {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}.

My friend receives this message and feels good knowing someone cares.

So we use computers. We humans use tools.

Getting the message across to my friend is the important thing. If using a machine lets me do this, then I’m a happy camper.:LOL:

I've been using telepathy for years...I think about calling Mom and she calls me...okay, so I'm lazy...making Mom do all the work.

Exactly. I do believe we have a mental bond with certain people, especially a parent.

Some people you can connect to almost all the time, like a best friend. Having a mate like that is great.

James has a tendency to point and grunt (kind of like a toddler!), and I am always telling him that he needs to use sentences because I can't read his mind. Of course, like most wives and mothers, I can "read his mind" to a point, but I don't want him to know this. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Actually I read an article the other day about how women have been designed to be able to read needs (why is the baby crying, is my teenager upset or angry about something, etc.), so "mind reading" is kind of a natural for us--as I said, to a point. :shock::LOL:

I'm forever telling patients they need to use the call light and ask, because I can't read minds. 1:1 I can usually tell what is needed, but when they are all in their rooms and there are 28 of them...the telepathy thing breaks down.

Exactly why I can't stand being in crowds. Really unhappy people broadcast (LOUDLY).

It's not in words, it's the emotions. Talk about a few rotten apples. It also explains "mob mentality".

on a serious note, i think we're confusing the brain's ability to perceive subtleties, form thought rhythms and patterns, and romantically calculate circumstance versus actual telepathy.

i do feel a connection when someone sends one to me.

Here's one just because I like you.{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I lament the fact that we have lost letter writng in our society and now we are losing phone calls too. My kid writes everything in computereze. But at least e-mail and other forms of technology allow us to stay connected if only in snippets. It's not exactly telepathy but it's better than nothing.

I lament the fact that we have lost letter writng in our society and now we are losing phone calls too. My kid writes everything in computereze. But at least e-mail and other forms of technology allow us to stay connected if only in snippets. It's not exactly telepathy but it's better than nothing.

I have similar feelings on the subject. While I prefer typing as it's physically easier than handwriting, I will continue to use whole words over acronyms and whole, grammatically correct sentences, as much as I can.

(No one need feel obligated to correct my errors.)

Typing is also much faster. I could take dictation better with a typewriter than shorthand. I do like some of the acronyms IMHO, for instance.

Still, I wonder how kids today are going to grow up not knowing how to spell.

Empathy...as close to telepathy as we can get at this point in time...is the next step to telepathy. And some of us are more empathetic than others.

That being said, I love e-mail and the connection I have with my family. We are closer now than we were before e-mail. My sister's don't call, they don't write, but they do forward things...at least they remember me enough to include me in the cc.

Mom, I call about every two weeks and she calls me about every two weeks...but, sometimes we let a couple of months go by. Dad and I have an ongoing e-mail that has been daily since 2001.

There are a couple of members in my family (no one under fifty) who still communicate regularly by handwritten note, including myself. It's almost like a club.

I've be practicing improving my penmanship while using a fountain pen. It's really so much more expressive!

I recently read an article that, because of computers, cell phones and other electronic devices, they stated a significant number of young people under the age of twenty five can't even read handwritten script. It's as if it's a foreign language to them. That's sad.

Selkie this is so true! They don't even teach cursive in school anymore! It's a shame, handwriting will soon become a lost art!

Back
Top Bottom