TGIFriday, 2/4/2011, What's on the menu today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is still Thursday here, MsM! LOL

Your chicken sounds great. Looking forward to pictures

There is a hockey game tonight and it is only Dad and I so I will do hamburgers - chicken for me, beef for Dad.

We will be having pork loin at our friends' house for date night. :cool: Not sure what else. Probably mashed potatoes and green beans or corn.

:)Barbara

We will probably finish up the rest of this week's left-overs, bean soup and chicken stew. I'll make some biscuits since they will be good additions to both and there is still broccoli and brussel sprouts that need to be used up too.

I was informed that the breakfast I cooked for myself after my partner went to work yesterday is to be cooked for her today..
So Homemade Hash browns, onion, green pepper, a touch of hot sauce.
eggs sausage, and I am thinking I might as well make some biscuits and gravy and have a large breakfast for a change.
past that I am unsure.
I didn't really cook anything yesterday So I need to make up for it today.

So far all that is on the menu is coffee... and maybe banana nut bread.

I'm with pacanis at the moment. I need more caffeine before my brain cells start firing. All I know at the moment is chicken breast. I think there is some zucchini, mushrooms, peppers and assorted other veggies that will play a role, but not sure how yet.

I was going through my recipe box looking for the corn flake recipes for that thread and came across the tuna burger recipe. I may make those tonight with rice and cheesy veggies. Have to inspect the buns first to make sure they haven't gone bad. If they have, I'll have to rethink supper.

That smoked chicken thread was making me jealous ... so I picked up a smoked chicken breast from the store yesterday and am going to use it in a stir-fry with napa cabbage for dinner tonight. =)

Boston baked beans (from scratch) and maple-glazed ham, probably with kale or broccoli from the freezer.

mm boston beans.
I've been thinking of doing a batch with soy beans..I don't know why I haven't yet..might be a project for tomorrow if I get the beans soaking today

I'm thinking pork chops here and haven't got any farther than that. Does anyone ever get tired of coming up with meal ideas? I've gone for a few weeks enjoying cooking and all of a sudden it is pure drudgery!

I'm thinking pork chops here and haven't got any farther than that. Does anyone ever get tired of coming up with meal ideas? I've gone for a few weeks enjoying cooking and all of a sudden it is pure drudgery!

Maybe you just need to have a nice dinner out.:ohmy:

Chili rellenos, black beans and rice. I'm basing the recipe on one of the "girl's" books (Susan and Mary Sue). The filling will be potatoes, some of my homemade Mexican Chorizo and fontina cheese. The cheese isn't Mexican or Spanish but what the heck.;)

Craig

I'm leaning towards mussels. I went grocery shopping. I bought some. I'm undecided if I'll have them tonight or tomorrow night, but nothing else comes to mind so...

crock pot chicken thighs, couple choices for sauce. can't decide. acorn squash, asparagus. going to do lots of thighs to last for week end.

i know i get tired of cooking. mostly because only for me. oh, well. when that happens i just order a pizza. lol

Chili rellenos, black beans and rice. I'm basing the recipe on one of the "girl's" books (Susan and Mary Sue). The filling will be potatoes, some of my homemade Mexican Chorizo and fontina cheese. The cheese isn't Mexican or Spanish but what the heck.;)

Craig

Craig I don't think i'm very far from you... What times dinner??? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

We will probably finish up the rest of this week's left-overs, bean soup and chicken stew. I'll make some biscuits since they will be good additions to both and there is still broccoli and brussel sprouts that need to be used up too.

Well we had a late lunch (3 PM) from Wendy's; I brought home chili for SO and burgers for me, so we'll save the left over's till Sunday.

I decided to make Rose's party chicken tonight. We'll serve it with pasta and a salad. I'll likely saute some veggies as a side too. Big glass of wine for me too. Mmmmmm. Its been an interesting day for me...off to post my good vibes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom