The Chief's Strawberry-Cheesecake iIce Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I love cheesecake. I love strawberries.. I love strawberry-cheesecake ice cream. I wanted an ice cream that truly maintained the flavor of my favorite New York cheesecake. I looked on line, but none of the recipes I found had a specific ingredient that I felt was necessary to get the correct flavor. So I took my cheesecake recipe (well not mine, but the best one I've ever used, or IMHO tasted, modified it to combine the right ingredients, with the correct technique for making a custard-based ice cream and came up with this. It tasted just like my cheesecake, with all of the combined flavors and textures, except in ice cream form. Enjoy.

Chief Longwind of the North's Strawberry-Cheesecake Ice cream

Ingredients:

For the Strawberry Coulis:
1 cup sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen)
½ cup sugar
¼ cup water
½ tsp. Vanilla extract.
Mash the strawberries and sugar together. Add all ingredients to a saucepan and simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved. Let cool, then blen until smooth. Set aside.

For the crust:
1 ½ cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
6 tbs. Butter
2 tbs. Sugar

For the ice cream custard:
2 lbs. Cream
1 can condensed milk
4 large Egg Yolks
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 cup Sour Cream

Combine the crust ingredients and spread evenly in a baking pan.. bake at 350’ for ten minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.

Soften the cream cheese in your microwave (Don’t overdo it; the cream cheese must be warm, not hot.) and place into a large bowl. Cream in the sugar until everything is smooth. Beat in the remaining ingredients until all is well blended, smooth and creamy.

Pour ice cream custard ingredients into a sauce pan and cook over low heat until it begins to thicken (180’ f.). Pour through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Pour chilled custard into ice cream maker and churn according to directions. When the ice cream is don, but still soft, swirl in strawberry coulis, and graham cracker crumbs.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom