The Cooking Channel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...Rachel Ray just showed her obnoxiously overly-perky face...So why the h*ll is Rachel Ray now on in one of her stupid travelogues?? I can catch that garbage on Food Network about 30 times a day - lol!
I don't get it. Why is everyone here in the DC Forum so down on Rachael Ray? Maybe I haven't watched her as much to get tired of her but even so, I look at it this way...she's taking her "obnoxiously overly-perky face" all the way to the bank. She's younger, prettier, and richer than me so I'll gladly refrain from judgement. :)

Although, when I was her age, I was prettier :punk:
...just ask my kids lol

I don't get it. Why is everyone here in the DC Forum so down on Rachael Ray? Maybe I haven't watched her as much to get tired of her but even so, I look at it this way...she's taking her "obnoxiously overly-perky face" all the way to the bank. She's younger, prettier, and richer than me so I'll gladly refrain from judgement. :)

Although, when I was her age, I was prettier :punk:
...just ask my kids lol

I enjoy watching her. I get many ideas from her. As i said before it's her voice, I want to keep clesring my throat. She seem s to be a lot of fun has a good personality likes what she does. I really don't get why people don't lik her.
kades

I only WISH I looked like Glenn Close at this stage of my (& her) life - lol!!!

As for Rachel, Molly, it has absolutely zero to do with her success. All the more power to her. And I also own & enjoy several of her cookbooks. I just can't stand the woman's on-screen personality & the outrageous overexposure of same on the Food Network. Not counting her variety talk show on another network, the woman has, like what - 4-5 different shows? Thirty-minute meals was fun when that was it, but the others are just overkill. There are only so many "yummos", "sammies", & other baby talk from a 30-something woman I can stand. Food Network infiltrating her (& Giada & Emeril) onto their new network is a slap in the face. And a dumb move on their part.

Rachel needed Colonel Tom Parker, but it's too late for both of them now. :rolleyes:

She's been way overexposed, and besides, her baby talk is just down right annoying now. Kudo's to her for making a TON of money though........not many cooks without formal education can ever hope to compare with her success. I think it's called a "winning personality".
Doesn't mean that anyone is forced to watch her shows.......simple.

The beauty of this new cooking channel is, if you don't like a particular show, you can choose to not watch it.

And those echos do get tiring - lol!! Of course I realize that I can choose not to watch the shows I don't like, & I take full advantage of that option. That doesn't mean I still can't have an opinion re: the overexposure of certain network "talents". A network should be paying attention when large numbers of consumers change the channel because large blocks of time are monopolized by the same dreary people & shows 24/7.

That makes perfect sense, breezy...but are you sure the Cooking Channel "network isn't paying attention"? And are you sure "a large number of consumers are changing the channel"? Remember, we aren't talking about just the DC Forum members...there's a vast public out there who are just turning it on for the first time.

lol, that was a lot nicer than i was going to say.
i was thinking more along the lines of "bloated opinion".

breezy, it's a business. if the ratings are good, then it's just about keeping production costs down, which includes talent contracts, and studio time.

someone has to be watching it.

i'm sure they think those dreary shows are well balanced enough to attract the most number of viewers. their sponsors certainly aren't leaving in droves.

Oh, I'm sure there's a goodly amount of channel changers.

In all the pre-launch press, Food Network execs made a point of saying the main reason for the new channel was to herd in all the folks who left viewing Food Network because of all the reality shows & surfeit of programs by the small handful of their remaining "talent" (Rachel, Paula Deen, Giada, Flay, etc.). They felt that a channel devoted to actual "cooking" with fresh faces + some retro (Julia Child, Graham Kerr, Two Fat Ladies, etc.) would do that, & they were right. So seeing one of Rachel Ray's "travelogue" programs pop up when I was looking forward to a cooking show was not only a letdown, but proof yet again that Food Network doesn't have a clue & can't even follow their own projected formula. They're still apparently insistent on forcing the same old stuff down our throats. And if they continue to add in shows from their tired old stable, down the road I can already see them whining & moaning as they question why the new channel isn't working as well as they thought it would.

woo hoo! i win with .1%.

and they'll keep failing at their projected formula all the way to the bank.

their sponsors certainly aren't leaving in droves.

Have you actually watched the new channel for any length of time & seen the sponsors? Because right now there are only a very small handful of them - the same ones over & over. If they want to attract more, they're going to have make an effort to keep the anti-Food Network viewers this channel was produced to draw in. That's good business.

i'm done arguing.
they wouldn't be expanding in a bad economy if they weren't doing well.

it's certainly a gamble, but all new channels are. if they watch, the sponsors will come.

so this morning we had dolce vita a 2004 show which never aired on Food TV to my knowledge and Melting Pot an old FoodTV show I used to like; this episode with a young Rocco and Cat doing pizzas. Hey if cooking brings back old faves and some new blood, just gives us more options when the all rachel all the time network gets a bit too sammy and stoupy for my taste.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom