The Dinner Table - Thurs. 7/9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Baby Octopus in a Szechuan Sauce over White Rice, Salad of Field Greens and Mandarin Sections with Sesame-Ginger Salad Dressing...

IMG_4085.jpg

Baby Octopus Szechuan .jpg

Tonight's dinner was a joint effort of penne with a sauce made with beef stock and red wine reduction, with pancetta, mushrooms, sage, rosemary, butter, Parm R, and pasta water. I told Craig I'd happily pay for that dish in a restaurant.

Attachments

• 2020-07-09 18.30.41.jpg
    2020-07-09 18.30.41.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 66
We ordered Indian food for delivery. Mains were chicken tikka, chicken korma, and lamb Madras, those came with roti (a type of whole wheat flat bread). The appies were lamb samosas, onion bhajis, and aloo tikki. There are lots of leftovers, as planned. That was really good and I wish I wasn't too stuffed to have some more - maybe a bit later tonight. Oh, and I cooked some brown basmati rice to go with supper.

Dinner tonight by Hozy's.....and salads by the Souschef.

Seafood Linguine by Hozy's
Linguine with Alaskan halibut, shrimp, scallops, clams,
mussels, garlic, tomatoes and pinot grigio.

Dinner salads by Souschef..
baby spinach, chopped home grown tomato, dried cranberries, candied sliced almonds, with Girard's spinach salad dressing (the best of the best created in San Francisco in 1939)

Wine..Killari Reserva Chardonnay from the vineyards of Chile.

I had a turkey breast that was nearing 6 months in the freezer, so I really wanted to get it cooked. I tried my instant pot! Seasoned the exterior, browned it first, then settled it on top of a mirepoix, and cooked at 6 minutes/lb. I was very pleased with how it came out. I put it in the toaster oven broiler for 5 minutes for additional browning, but regretted that. It didn't add that much flavor, and dried out some of the outer layer. Now, leftovers.

I cleaned out my fridge. Cabbage, carrots, onion, potato, and sausage. Spices were a bit of turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper. It was surprisingly tasty, but I do not feel the sausage gave it anything extra. Perhaps just this sausage, which was a bit of smoked sausage.

Attachments

• 2020-07-09 dinner.jpg
    2020-07-09 dinner.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 65
My Aunt requested a diabetic friendly (sugar free) stir fry. And this is what I came up with. Each serving has 8 net grams of carbs.

To clarify the picture is 2 servings served over riced cauliflower, that is not calculated in the carb count.

Sugar-Free-Stirfry-7-1600x1060.jpg

Last edited:
Dinner tonight by Hozy's.....and salads by the Souschef.

Seafood Linguine by Hozy's
Linguine with Alaskan halibut, shrimp, scallops, clams,
mussels, garlic, tomatoes and pinot grigio.

Dinner salads by Souschef..
baby spinach, chopped home grown tomato, dried cranberries, candied sliced almonds, with Girard's spinach salad dressing (the best of the best created in San Francisco in 1939)

Wine..Killari Reserva Chardonnay from the vineyards of Chile.

Great looking/sounding dinners tonight.

Here's the pictures with even the debris plate for the wonderful seafood dinners.

Attachments

• P7090020.jpg
    P7090020.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 75
  • P7090021.jpg
    P7090021.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 67
I grocery shopped today, so I had some haddock fried while I shopped the second store. Sides were some one-foot-in-the-disposal veggies that were not photo worthy but completely edible, and cheesy bread stix from Aldi. Dessert was an orange creamsicle. I felt like a kid again!

Did my first dinner in my new Vortex Pro air fryer..

Chicken wings, done to perfection.. Had D&SIL join us..

Earlier I had baked a blackberry pie in the air fryer.. It too was perfect.. :yum:

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom