The Major Eating Season is about to begin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
Halloween is almost upon us, and you know you are going to have leftover candy.

As soon as you've eaten that all up, here comes Thanksgiving. Whether you are the guest or the host you will be confronted with all manner of goodies.

Once the last bit of turkey soup in the Tupperware has been slurped down, it's time to get out the flour and sugar and start baking and deciding whether you should have ham like last year or try something different for Christmas.

Office parties, neighborhood parties, cookie exchanges, bring a treat to school days.

New Year's Eve - champagne and canapes.

New Year's Day (our house) - black-eyed peas, cornbread, mimosas, Rotel dip, leftover Christmas cookies.

Do you just say "what the hell," pretend not to notice how much you are consuming, promise to be virtuous and lose 10 pounds before Easter, or can you maintain self-control over the next two months?

The military keeps me in shape with its exercise regimen, so I eat whatever I please and nevermind the diet stuff.

Make that four so far, but I'll be doing some serious bicycling and cardio gym-side as much as I can to burn it off! With the exception of this week, it's becoming cool enough to begin taking those long, hilly rides, too! YIPPEE!!!

last time i ate tons of Holiday food just because it was there was 1999.
i had Christmas dinner, then wine and chocolates, then i went home and had chocolate-covered popcorn, then some more candy later on. that's the last time i ate too much and the last time i ate when i wasn't hungry. the belly bloat and the stomachache just weren't worth it. i'll take my usual few ounce-portion of turkey (ham at Christmas) and my few tablespoons full of potatoes and stuffing. gravy, too, and the olives off of a piece of stuffed celery. i don't eat the other stuff like the desserts... as i've said before, i don't like desserts, and i only put my favorites on my plate and ignore the other stuff on the table so there's something different to snack on over the next few days besides the same food i had at the Holiday meals.
New Year's will involve a fancy restaurant, and a very yummy meal, but as i do in any restaurant, i'll skip the pre-dinner rolls, only have a few bites of the salad, share an appetizer with my boyfriend and leave him most of it, so i can actually ENJOY my main course instead of struggling through it cause i'm too full. there will be leftovers and 7 very happy cats.dessert is out of the question. i'll have a glass or two of wine and probably stop in to toast with my Parents and go out for the night, where i'll stay with cocktails.
all season long, my stomach will stay comfortable and happy. :)

Now, see, I love the feasting. I adore eating till I'm full and then having more! I can't bear to skip a serving of anything, and once the coffee, pie and cookies come out, watch out!

Ro-Tel dip is a brick of Velveeta Cheese melted and blended with a can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes....

We've discusssed here elsewhere a wide variety of variations on the theme, but this is the basic version.

I'm personally addicted to the stuff!

Audeo said:
Ro-Tel dip is a brick of Velveeta Cheese melted and blended with a can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes....

We've discusssed here elsewhere a wide variety of variations on the theme, but this is the basic version.

I'm personally addicted to the stuff!

Oh, thanks

Halloween, isn't much of a deal here, but, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year are :) I make all the goodies for each holiday..My kids all get to ask for one thing to eat that they can't do without. Thanksgiving is turkey with all the trimmings, Christmas is either prime rib or beef wellington, New Years, is my birthday and we go OUT :) I have to count carbs, but, do make all the antipasti ,sweets, potatoes, veggies, meat that each holiday calls for and I do indulge :) I don't believe in "diet" nasty nasty word :) I just "meal plan" and watch portion size..Life and food are to good to say no thanks all the time. :LOL:
I say ENJOY
kadesma :)

Holiday cooking was always a challenge for me as my daughter is a vegetarian. Last year I discovered Tofurkey in slices. I used two pieces and put stuffing (made with No Chicken Broth) in the center and rolled like a enchillada (SP) and put in a baking dish, made 4 and covered with No Chicken Broth, topped with some herbs and baked. Every one there wanted to try her dinner. She said it was really good. This year we are invited to her future in=laws for dinner and she wants me to do this for her. We are all going to dinner on Sunday to discuss it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom