The Pizza Burger. . .or Burger Pizza. BK Introduces 2500 Calorie Burger/Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TATTRAT

The Dude Abides
Moderator Emeritus
Burger King Introduces The 2,500 Calorie Pizza Burger | TheBlogIsMine Dot Com

For the discerning fastfood fan, it is a difficult question: pizza or burger? But a leading US burger chain has resolved the issue once and for all with the latest innovation.

Burger King is set to launch the Pizza Burger – a two-in-one dish that contains more than 2,500 calories and is four times the size of the chain’s Whoppers.
It is arranged like a pizza and placed on a nineand- a-half-inch sesame seed bun. Topped with pepperoni, mozzarella and Tuscan pesto and marinara sauce, it is even helpfully cut into six slices, so that the snack looks and feels like a pizza.

But gluttons beware: the Pizza Burger contains 144g of fat, 59g of which is saturated – the equivalent of 29 rashers of bacon. If that’s not enough to put you off, it contains 3,780 mg of salt – more than double the 1,600mg daily limit for adults.
To put the snack into context, it would take a four-hour jog to work it off and is equivalent to more than the entire daily calorie allowance for a man or a woman.
One of the chain’s oldf ashioned Whopper burgers seems almost healthy by comparison, delivering 670 calories and 40g of fat, 11g of which is saturated.
Burger-King-introduces-2500-calorie-Pizza-Burger-11-570x380.jpg

==========================================================
:ermm:

Last edited:
Oh, deary me. Only for the dedicated sandwich lover, and only then maybe an annual thing! When I first read this title, I thought of a "Pizza" I used to make, and haven't for awhile. Instead of a bread crust, I made a sort of meatloaf mixture and pressed it into a pan, as thin as I could. Then proceeded to make a pizza from it -- a little tomato sauce, a sprinkling of parm and mozzerella, maybe ... well, you know, your favorite pizza toppings. I haven't done it in years, so don't remember the baking time. This is great if you have someone with carb problems. Gee, maybe I'll invite a few people over for it if this cool spell continues!

I have seen stuff on the TV show Man vs. Food that look bigger than that as a hamburger.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom