The Real Deal Dinner Thread - Monday, 9/4/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Accept no imitations - this is the "Today's Menu" thread for Labor Day, Sept. 4.

Grilled chicken breasts in a soy based marinade, cold sesame noodles.

I'm here!

I bought some nice smoked pork chops from the butcher down the road from Loverly - the same butcher shop my Dad would take a family drive to with my Mom and me back when we lived in Garfield Heights - a mere 63 miles away! To think that Dad thought of this as a nice day off, considering he put many, many miles a day on his bread delivery man every single day. Man, I miss him...

Anyway, back to dinner. Himself will grill the chops lightly. We'll have some fresh corn, tossed salad, and the piece de resistance: Fried Cabbage and Noodles. My kids will be thrilled - especially the big one. :mrgreen:

Smoked pork ribs rubbed with Penzeys Galena Street Chicken and Rib Rub are on the smoker. Later, we'll make cole slaw and baked beans. I might throw a few cobs of corn on while the smoker is going.
0904171410a.jpg

Well, I had a late lunch. Will I have supper? don't know but have a few more shrimp I could maybe finish off later.

Mushroom Ravioli (from cosco) with Shrimp in Browned Butter and Crispy Sage. A light sprinkle of finely minced baby parsley for a bright colour and a good grind of mixed Sechuan Peppers.

Attachments

• 20170904_141325.jpg
    20170904_141325.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 151
OMG... isn't that sweet! DH is going to cook you his favourite meal for your anniversary! It is so often the other way around. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :rolleyes:

Happy anniversary, even if you are slaving in the kitchen!

Last edited:
The St. Louis cut ribs are on the pellet smoker, and the cajun pasta salad has been in the fridge overnight. I have some asparagus that I'll grill up just before dinner.

More later...

CD

Attachments

• Smoker001.jpg
    Smoker001.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 122
Nothing special today. Went fishing on Saturday and got a 15 inch and 16 inch rainbow trout to be grilled later this week. Will munch on pasta salad, cuke salad and some green chile hummus and chips. Will have some Trader Joes dark chocolate peanut butter cups for dessert.

Happy Anniversary Kgirl and DH!

Our dinner of ribs, I don't use sauce, fatty, baked beans, and slae.

Attachments

• 2017-09-04 18.25.37.jpg
    2017-09-04 18.25.37.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 135
A host of appetizers followed by marinated sirloin tips on the grill and ranch bacon pasta salad. Desserts were chocolate cake, ice cream and peanut butter cookies.

Looks DELISH, Joey, Med, dragn, and GG!

Happy Anniversary, Mr and Mrs. Kgirl!

I ended up with a snackie plate - roasted red pepper hummus with celery sticks and crackers for dippin', a sliced granny smith apple, cubed smoked gouda, and a wedge of cantaloupe.

Last edited:
Our brother came over as he often does Monday nights for dinner. I made my now famous pork burgers with bacon and cheese mixed in with the meat. The bacon makes the meat juicier (I use lean cuts that I grind myself and grind the bacon, onion, garlic, and cheese right into it). I also made oven fries and salad. There were 3 cupcakes left from my order from Sunday so we ate them for dessert.

Grilled chicken breasts & thighs, grilled veggies, baked potatoes done in the microwave, mandarin oranges in orange jello for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom