Thin flank steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I found a really thin flank steak in the freezer when I cleaned it out. I would have never bought it except it came in a package of beef cuts I split with my sister when we "bought a cow." I'm not sure what to do with it. It's not very big. Less than a pound and about 1/4" thick. What would you make with it?

Flank steak bacon and cheese roll ups.

Add your favorite cheese, spinach. Grilled peppers and onions are good.
Roll it up.

Wrap a few pieces of partially cooked bacon around it.
Tie, season and broil, grill whatever makes you happy :yum:

Munky.

I’d stuff and roll it. Spinach and feta or bread stuffing. Maybe prosciutto and provolone.

1. Rouladen with bread stuffing, and gravy
2. Roulaides with Duxcelle and onion stuffing
3. sear to medium rare, slice into strips, stuff into pita pockets with avocado
slices, tomato, and bean sprouts, maybe with some thin cucke slces
4. lay out and place thin-sliced ham or prosciutto followed with Swiss or Gruyere cheese, roll, secure with toothpick and broil until cheese melts.
5. tenderize and then make into chicken-fried steak
6 Swiss Steak in gravy
6. Swiss steak in tomato sauce
7. blanch, then make into steak tartar
8. home made beef jerky
9. lightly brown, slice into thin strips, stuff along with sauteed mushrooms into a potato that has had an apple corer run through the middle of the spud. Take the potato coe, cut in half, and plug both ends. Bake until spuds are cooked through.
10. lightly brown, put it on good toasted ry, with a hearty Swiss cheese, and condiment of choice, oe even turn it into Philly-steak sandwich.

That should give you some ideas.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

1. Rouladen with bread stuffing, and gravy
2. Roulaides with Duxcelle and onion stuffing
3. sear to medium rare, slice into strips, stuff into pita pockets with avocado
slices, tomato, and bean sprouts, maybe with some thin cucke slces
4. lay out and place thin-sliced ham or prosciutto followed with Swiss or Gruyere cheese, roll, secure with toothpick and broil until cheese melts.
5. tenderize and then make into chicken-fried steak
6 Swiss Steak in gravy
6. Swiss steak in tomato sauce
7. blanch, then make into steak tartar
8. home made beef jerky
9. lightly brown, slice into thin strips, stuff along with sauteed mushrooms into a potato that has had an apple corer run through the middle of the spud. Take the potato core, cut in half, and plug both ends. Bake until spuds are cooked through.
10. lightly brown, put it on good toasted rye, with a hearty Swiss cheese, and condiment of choice, or even turn it into Philly-steak sandwich.
11. Hone made steak sizzlers. Pound the steaks very thin between sheets of parchment paper. Sandwich a thin beef patty between the steak slices and fry until the steaks are seared.

That should give you some ideas.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North[

I think it would be nice to marinade and quickly grill it for a huge summer salad of some kind. Something with some summer veggies and fruits. Like steak with peaches, spinach, goat cheese and avocados. Invite me to that! Okay? :)

Back
Top Bottom