Thirsty thursday Dinner 6/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Sausage & Peppers over Pasta Marinara.... and a very healthy salad, Red Wine Vinaigrette ..... a Little Cabernet...

Pasta with Sausage & Peppers.jpg

Last edited:
American goulash and 2 beans salad with marinated veggies. Chocolate banana cream pie(cooked pudding mix) for a little later.

My dinner was definitely a thirsty one, since the hot peppers were added generously! I made a variation of a recipe I found in Milk Street's new book, Fast And Slow, this one the fast version, in the Instant Pot, of Chicken Cafreal. But I cut the chicken in half, and added a pound of diced kohlrabi, and it turned out great! I liked the method of saving half of that blended cilantro, chile, garlic, scallion, ginger, and spice mix, to add at the end. Next time, I'll use the same method, but all of the spices from my favorite cafreal recipe.

I made some sorghum/WW flatbread to go with it, but I'm going to have to fool around with that, to get it right. Maybe much wetter, and pressed out, like corn tortillas.
The cilantro, chile, and spice mix of the Milk Street Chicken Cafreal. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished Chicken Cafreal, with kohlrabi, from Fast and Slow by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Hot and mild Italian sausages with red bell, onion and garlic, plus a potato/tomato/basil casserole that an American-Italian friend made for us once. I have no idea if it is an authentic Italian dish or not, but he said his mom always made it.

Attachments

• 2020-06-11 17.47.55.jpg
    2020-06-11 17.47.55.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 85
DH has a migraine and his tummy is delicate, so we ordered from Dagwood's a local place that makes piled high sandwiches. They cut the cold cuts once you place your order. Seems to make a positive difference. They also bake the bread in house, including wholewheat. It was pretty darned good.

Simple fare tonight - black beans, rice, okra w/ tomatoes and .....BROWNIES

brownie.jpg

I was supposed to make Chinese pepper steak but fell asleep. So we switched up to a quicker dinner. We had meatball subs on the sub rolls I made. SO made a salad to compliment the sandwiches.

Naan bread pizzas tonight. Mine had ham, grape tomatoes, black olives, and mushrooms; Himself's was topped with sauteed onion bits, ham, pepperoni, and mushrooms. No pics since you've seen these before...over and over...:LOL:

Fruit salad (cherries, blueberries, orange, cherries, nectarine, raspberries, cherries) with a bit of vanilla ice cream is on deck for later tonight. :yum:

A beef stroganoff type dish and some fruit for dessert tonight. Quick and easy. [emoji3526]
20200611_190203.jpg

We have discovered the only fine dining restaurant in our little town. It features curbside takeout food which is great.

Right now it runs lunch specials M-F and dinner specials W-Sat.
Since Kayelle works so hard in the kitchen, she deserves a break.
Tonight's dinner consisted of 2 appetizers which we shared and a Philly steak sandwich which we also shared.
Here are the descriptions:
Ahi Roll With Fresh Crab
Ahi roll with fresh snow & king crab and avocado, served
with a spicy creamy sauce

Beef Carpaccio
Cured USDA Prime filet of beef, thinly sliced, topped
with baby arugula and shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
drizzled with lemon and extra Virgin olive oil

Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
Thinly sliced sautéed rib-eye steak, with melted
provolone cheese, fried onions, sauteed mushrooms & bell
peppers and marinara sauce, served on a long hoagie roll