Thirsty Thursday in the Cookhouse 8/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Air Fryer Pork Loin Chop, Sauerkraut, Buttered Mashed Idaho's, Buttered Carrots with Pearls, Salad .....

Pork Loin Chop, Air Fryer.jpg

Yogurt mint chicken with peach pickles and roasted potatoes.

Attachments

• 2020-08-13 18.43.03.jpg
    2020-08-13 18.43.03.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 63
Leftovers in the fridge says...
Omelets. Which starts out to be, but usually ends up just being fancy scrambled eggs. ;)

Burgers on the grill and tater tots.

This sounds great. Tater tots bring out my inner kindergarten-self. It's likely that someone will end up covered in lollipops before dinner is over. :rolleyes:

Leftovers in the fridge says...
Omelets. Which starts out to be, but usually ends up just being fancy scrambled eggs. ;)

I love scrambled eggs....boiled eggs....soft cooked eggs, smoked eggs, well...I love eggs. :yum:

Yogurt mint chicken with peach pickles and roasted potatoes.

I've never had a pickled peach. How are they made...or where do you get them?

Air Fryer Pork Loin Chop, Sauerkraut, Buttered Mashed Idaho's, Buttered Carrots with Pearls, Salad .....

View attachment 42446

The pork chop looks juicy!!!

We had deer fajitas, homemade guacamole, Spanish rice-a-roni, and cantaloupe. It was tasty.

So...Knock, Knock?

Who's there?

Cantaloupe.

Cantaloupe who?

Cant elope tonight. Dad's got the car! HAHAHAHAHA....Okay, sorry. You can blame the tater tots. :LOL:

Attachments

• 2020-08-13 18.10.16.jpg
    2020-08-13 18.10.16.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 63
This sounds great. Tater tots bring out my inner kindergarten-self. It's likely that someone will end up covered in lollipops before dinner is over. :rolleyes:...

Kathleen, Tater Tots are an easy alternative to making actual french fries.

Kathleen, Tater Tots are an easy alternative to making actual french fries.

I LOVE tater tots. They do trigger fond memories for me from childhood, and I'll admit to regressing a bit when I get them. It is a very happy regression. :)

Last edited:
I have all these cherry tomatoes, and last night I remembered that Milk Street had a bunch of cherry tomato recipes that I said that I'd have to try, once I got my cherry tomatoes coming in. One was Bucantini Pasta with Cherry Tomato Sauce and Fresh Sage. While I never used bucatini, I figured that other pasta would be good, too, and it turned out delicious.
Ingredients for the pasta with cherry tomatoes and fresh sage. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Tomatoes for the pasta with cherry tomatoes and fresh sage. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Cherry tomato sauce, just started. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Tomato sauce finished cooking, after 50 minutes, ready for the rest of the ingredients. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Pasta mixed with the finished sauce. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished pasta with cherry tomatoes and sage, topped with a little more chopped sage, and pecorino. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I have all these cherry tomatoes, and last night I remembered that Milk Street had a bunch of cherry tomato recipes that I said that I'd have to try, once I got my cherry tomatoes coming in. One was Bucantini Pasta with Cherry Tomato Sauce and Fresh Sage. While I never used bucatini, I figured that other pasta would be good, too, and it turned out delicious.

It looks wonderful. How pronounced was the sage in the dish? I've never had bucatini either. How does it compare with other pastas?

Kathleen, The sage is surprisingly understated in this, since it is fresh. The original recipe had 2 tb, one added after finishing the sauce, and the other used to sprinkle on the top, for serving. I used 16 oz of pasta, instead of 12, so everything was increased by 1/3.

Bucatini is a long, tubular pasta - looks sort of like a fat spaghetti, but it is hollow! Probably only made by Italian pasta companies - I haven't seen it in supermarkets.

Back
Top Bottom