Throw-back Thursday (2014-09-25)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I made a pot of cabbage roll soup. It reminds me of a soup my grandma used to make (and my mom claims that this soup is what got them through the depression). Served on top of pumpernickel croutons, I'm good to go. What are you having tonight?

I had another dish planned for dinner tonight but decided on a second meal of lasagna. It's defrosting as we speak.

burritos with a tomato and cucumber salad
Having a root through the freezer for something for dinner I unearthed a bag of home-cooked shepherd's pie base so hauled it out and defrosted it in the m/wave, topped it with home-frozen mashed spuds, shoved it in the oven for 1/2 an hour. Ate it with cooked beetroot. And there's some left for tomorrow.

That's my idea of convenience food.

I'm throwing back to Tuesday night's dinner for tonight. Have left over taco meat that I'll reheat and do something with. It's just me so don't feel like cooking.

I had another dish planned for dinner tonight but decided on a second meal of lasagna. It's defrosting as we speak.

you talk to your lasagna? :huh:

dw is making chicken fajitas tonight.

she bought peppers at the store. i have a billion peppers of all colours, shapes, sizes, and heat levels 20 steps out the back door, and she bought peppers. :evil:

It's about to come a cropper -- skies are deep, dark gray. Think I'll finally try Chief's pancake recipe to cheer myself up. :yum: Tasty leftovers for breakfast, too.

you talk to your lasagna? :huh:

dw is making chicken fajitas tonight.

she bought peppers at the store. i have a billion peppers of all colours, shapes, sizes, and heat levels 20 steps out the back door, and she bought peppers. :evil:

...let it go, just let it go... :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 118
Spaghetti and meat sauce, garlic bread and a salad. I'm not feeling very inspired today.

Vegetable stir fry (good) with stale China Boy noodles (bad). Should have put them in a ziplock instead of using a chip clip.

Well, we were going to have a pork belly preparation tonight but due to the fact that it didn't get pulled out from the freezer in time to thaw due to a grandchild issue, Craig ended up making a breakfast sausage, red bell pepper, onion frittata and home fries. Pork belly tomorrow night.

We had grilled lamb burgers on toasted sesame seed rolls.

I topped the med. rare patties with a grilled wedge of red bell pepper, a grilled portabella mushroom, and then topped that with chopped fresh spinach and white onion mixed with sweet and sour dressing. Dang...they were so good.

We also grilled marinated fresh pineapple.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom