Throwback Thursday Dinner ~ 10/21/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
DSC00397.jpg
(file photo)

This is what's going on our table this evening.
A copycat meal from one our favorite restaurants back home in Hawaii,
Zippy's.

Fried Chicken
Chili
1 scoop Mac Salad
1 scoop steamed White Rice

:clap:
I can't wait!

What's going on to your table (or TV tray or ... :LOL:)

We're planning on ordering out. Likely pizza from a place we may never have ordered from or maybe we ordered from them so long ago that we really aren't sure.

My take on Chuck Wagon Beans ....
Ground Beef, Bacon, Onion, Jalapeno, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, Navy Beans, Black Beans,
Garlic, Ginger, Ketchup, a bit of Yellow Mustard, S & P .... Buttered Potato Roll

Beans, Chuck Wagon.jpg

It might have been the last really good day for grilling at our house. I bought a nice New York strip steak from our friendly butcher, Rick, while running errands yesterday. Himself grilled it to perfection. Simple sides of a big salad and potatoes with garlic, parsley, and chives. Doesn't get much better than this.
View attachment 49448View attachment 49449

Attachments

• IMG_20211021_202412655_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211021_202412655_HDR.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Leftover night. I had store bought cream of broccoli soup/ Everyone else had home made potato soup with bacon, left over savory baked wings, and fruit filled refrigerator crescent rolls that I baked. Not gourmet, but tasted ok, and filled the belly.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

My take on Chuck Wagon Beans ....
Ground Beef, Bacon, Onion, Jalapeno, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, Navy Beans, Black Beans,
Garlic, Ginger, Ketchup, a bit of Yellow Mustard, S & P .... Buttered Potato Roll

View attachment 49446

That sounds really good. I might try doing that, but leave out the ketchup, since I'm not eating cooked tomato and do something else for the extra umami.

We're planning on ordering out. Likely pizza from a place we may never have ordered from or maybe we ordered from them so long ago that we really aren't sure.

DH ordered a double cheese, double pepperoni on wholewheat and said it was "pretty darned good". I ordered a creamy garlic pizza on a wholewheat thin crust, that comes with a four cheese mix. I asked for added hot Italian sausage and fresh mushrooms and chili flakes. Oh yeah, that was a tasty pizza. We will definitely order from that pizzeria again.

It is 70 degrees outside! A slight blustery wind. Perfect weather for using the pizza oven out on the back porch. Pizza it will be!

Pizza!!! We had a wonderful pizza dinner. By the time I went out to check the temp of the oven, it was dark and pouring rain. I could hear the geese complaining. Not sure where they were. Fortunately, the porch is covered and there were no issues launching and cooking the pizza.

IMG_5668 (2).jpg

I made a very spicy chili with stew meat low and slow in my new oven. I had it today, too as is usually the case with stew type dishes it was better the next day. Need to put the rest in the freezer divided into servings for 1 since I cook for 1. It's nice to have a freezer full of good meals just waiting for me.

Back
Top Bottom