Thursday, 15th February - today's dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
DH is working from home this evening :) :) :) and he had the chili I made and said it wwas delicious....which makes me really pleased when I saw what his office's menu for supper tonight was...

- Crema di broccoli con pinoli tostati (Broccoli soup with taosted pine nut)
- Tagliolino alla Porto Cervo (con frutti di mare)( Tagliolini Porto Cervo style (with seafood)
- Filetto di manzo al pepe rosa ( Beef fillet with pink pepper)
- Filetto di orata con pane aromatizzato (Black sea bass fillet with aromatic bread)

after they have chosen what they want from that lot there is a pudding menu too :rolleyes: He gets an email listing what he can choose from evey evening, and still he comes home for my chili, now that's love! (I'd be tempted to eat there!)

Wow. Lulu, I'm entering a chili cookoff this weekend can I try your recipe? If its that good I'm a shoo in to win!

Tonight the kids and Ken will be getting either leftovers or something wrap like. Its going to be a run around night for them so they need something quick. Not sure what I want to make though. I think since last night at work was burgers and fries tonight will be either pasta night or chicken night.

I'm roasting a chicken with rosemary and garlic,doing some rigatoni with just butter,shredded fontina,mozzarella,Gruyere and parmesan, arugula for salad with balsamic and evoo and shavings of the parm on top. Lemon riccota cheese cake if we want something sweet later.
kadesma:)

We're having pizza flavored cardboard tonight, or would that be cardboard flavored pizza?:sick: It's grandparents' night at the kids school & they want to be there to eat pizza with everyone else. Since this only comes around once a year, I guess I can stomach the stuff.

I worked a 12 hour shift yesterday, so I am making a Valentines Dinner for my DH tonight. His favorite meal: Manicotti and Green Beans almondie.
I am also surprising him with Raspberry White Chocolate Creme Brulee. I have made vanilla Creme Brulee many times, but found a new recipe I thought would be fun to try for Valentines.

Bourbon....Elijah Craig 12

Grilled Boneless/Skinless Breast of Chicken.

Clean out the refrigerator Veggies..

Maybe a small..small piece of Delmonico Nut Cake :ermm:

LOL, Alix, its a DC recipe of course! I have been experimenting using chunks of stewing beef rather than minced/ground beef, which is all either DH or I had had before, and its been a huge hit, DH says he'll struggle to eat our old style chili now he loves this variation. He prefers no beans, but as part of the big bean experiment, (we will become immune to the effects, I hop, only this is day four, and bygads, its getting worse not better!) we had beans.

lulu said:
LOL, Alix, its a DC recipe of course! I have been experimenting using chunks of stewing beef rather than minced/ground beef, which is all either DH or I had had before, and its been a huge hit, DH says he'll struggle to eat our old style chili now he loves this variation. He prefers no beans, but as part of the big bean experiment, (we will become immune to the effects, I hop, only this is day four, and bygads, its getting worse not better!) we had beans.

LMAO!! Lulu, would you like me to mail you some Beano? I swear it helps. And I will give the stewing beef a try.

I'm in the mood for a juicy hamburger so thats what we'll have along with homemade fries. I think I'll make up a few condiment variations and see what I can come up with. I'm in the mood for spicy but think I'll try a sweet combination too. For dessert we'll have leftover strawberry cheesecake.

I am struggling to make it to Friday so tonight will be spaghetti and a salad. Something easy and quick.

Well, there are technically two dinners. Our "lunch" dinner is a tuna calzone. 2 cans of tuna, I guess about a half a pound of grated sharp cheddar cheese mixed and we used ready-made pizza dough from the store.

Later, for our "dinner" dinner we are going to have pork tenderloin cut into medalions and seasoned with some pork rub of sorts.

Had some leftover steak from last night's dinner so I stuck that in a frying pan with some portabella mushrooms, olive oil, and worsteshire (sp) sauce. Made some rice and put steak and mushrooms over the rice. Pretty tasty and quick!:)

School has been closed for four days in a row now, so daughter is continuing the sleepover marathon with various friends. HH and I will forage tonight in the fridge - we have leftover red beans and rice, roast chicken, scalloped potatoes, and the usual miscellania (protein shakes, green/red grapes, wilting lettuce, eggs, etc.)

HH will probably want a PBJ.

YAY!! I got out of having cardboard pizza!!! We went out for Mexican before going to the school & I had pollo encremado, it was sooo..... good! I got away with asking for it because on Thurs. nights the Mexican resturant donates 10% of all sales to the elementary school.

I'm in the mood for absolutely nothing:rolleyes:
Ever get that way?
I guess I'll settle for something eventually....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom