Thursday 1st March - dinner thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Well, DH asked politely if my vegetable craze could be a little more subtle today....so I have chopped them all up and made a yellow split pea (and vegetable!) soup. I'll garnish his with a couple of strips of crispy bacon. Sounds good, huh? He'll get some great bread from a bakery near is office. Tomorrow night is all planned too, roast vegetables and pasta! :ROFLMAO:

Hi Lulu!!

Ever since I got back from Mardi Gras I've not cooked anything! All I'm having is soup, fruit and hoodia!

I miss food!

My parents are visiting for the weekend, arriving early Friday morning. So, like you, I'm already planning ahead to Friday and Saturday. I'm sure I can get through one more day of 600 calories!

Hope you are well.

Iam making the pork chop suey over rice withe rice noodle sprinkles that I didn't fix last night, and hot crust bread. The store was out of chop suey vegetables so I bought the ones for stir fry. They should be just fine.

I've been promising my partner some kind of curry for the last three days. If I don't make one soon, there'll be war...

I'm making fish tacos with tillapia that I'll marinate in a spicy lime marinade. I'll top mine with a broccoli slaw and DH's with sauteed peppers and onions.

lulu & PA Baker, your dinners sound delightful!!

I'm making a shredded chicken and roasted red pepper "goulash" over rice with rolls and butter. Just some Edy's Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie ice cream for dessert - the stuff is sinful, my 2 favorite sweets all in one!

No cooking for me tonight..It's our once a year biroldi feed..The whole gang is going and I can hardly wait...biroldi are a sausage that are made once a year by a group of Italian people we've known for yeas..With the biroldi an antipasto plate with cheese,salami,bread and butter pickles, peppers,olives Italian bread and butter, next comes a tossed green salad, then a large platter of pesto with lots of parm on top, then ahhh the biroldi and also bbq ribs for those who don't want the sausage, dessert is a fried dough that turns out like crispy knots and then spinkled with powdered sugar... and cups of vanilla ice cream..When this first started it was held in a family basement, it has now grown so big with all the kids and grandkids who clammer to come that it is held in the Italian Athletic club...We look forward to this months ahead of time and have enjoyed introducing our children to the delights of biroldi..

kadesma:)

Bourbon...Elijah Craig 12
Boudin Blanc...The Louisiana type...maybe 1/2
Fresh gulf oysters...Raw and Fried
Fresh gulf speckled trout..
Sauted veggies of some sort...
Maybe just a wee bite or two of french bread dipped in a garlicly EVOO:ermm:
Gotta have a few carbs you understand!!:rolleyes:

Uncle Bob said:
Bourbon...Elijah Craig 12
Boudin Blanc...The Louisiana type...maybe 1/2
Fresh gulf oysters...Raw and Fried
Fresh gulf speckled trout..
Sauted veggies of some sort...
Maybe just a wee bite or two of french bread dipped in a garlicly EVOO:ermm:
Gotta have a few carbs you understand!!:rolleyes:

It's my new Uncle Bob!!! I'm coming over tonight!

Tonight I made chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and cole slaw. I also had a slice of Honey Wheat bread that I bought at Panera's. Yum!

I love chicken fried steak JoAnn. We ended up having fish and chips tonight, actually I had broiled fish and some shrimp, and made fish and chips for my husband.

5pm, I'm sooo sleepy. The kids are going at 100mph and I feel like I could nod off at any moment. Of course, once they are asleep, I will wake up and be up past midnight. :LOL:

Dinner huh? I don't know. I'm not really in the mood to do anything. Leftovers probably. For dessert I have mayan chocolate ice cream with raspberry sauce. Maybe I'll pass on dinner. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom