Thursday 3/2, dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I won't be cooking:chef: but I will be eating.:ROFLMAO: Tonight I'll be in Providence RI and my hotel is across the park from a Capitol Grille. It'll be late-ish when I get there but their baked potato with everything and their blue cheese iceberg wedge will be what I order. No protein, their beef is highly overpriced and has disappointed me in the past.:glare:

Are you cooking?

i was going to grill the pork loins that i'm marinating upon allen's tasty suggestion, but we're supposed to get 6 inches of snow, so outdoor grilling might be out. i made awesome veal chilli last night, and there's a freezer full of meals from previous nights, so that probably means we're getting takeout. :cool:

I am making either a pot of beef barley soup or a pot of chicken matzo ball soup - depends what is on sale at the market today. I may make a spinach salad with some crusty french bread with whipped butter. I'm too busy for dessert (packing for my trip -can you tell i'm excited:wacko: ) so it will be cookies.

I have absolutely no idea what to have for dinner right now. I'll have to try to think of something.

John

buckytom said:
i was going to grill the pork loins that i'm marinating upon allen's tasty suggestion, but we're supposed to get 6 inches of snow, so outdoor grilling might be out. i made awesome veal chilli last night, and there's a freezer full of meals from previous nights, so that probably means we're getting takeout. :cool:

Aww, come on bucky, make a tarp and put on a coat!!:-p

I don't know what I'm having yet. It's take out tonight.

Michelemarie said:
I am making either a pot of beef barley soup or a pot of chicken matzo ball soup - depends what is on sale at the market today. I may make a spinach salad with some crusty french bread with whipped butter. I'm too busy for dessert (packing for my trip -can you tell i'm excited:wacko: ) so it will be cookies.

better yet, make some cookies for the trip. that way, you're sure to eat something you already know you adore:ROFLMAO:
where ya goin?

LEFSElover said:
better yet, make some cookies for the trip. that way, you're sure to eat something you already know you adore:ROFLMAO:
where ya goin?

Lucky dog is going to the Bahama's!!:mad:

The cooks not cookin:LOL: We are going to our once a year Baroldi feed tonight...Can hardly wait...They serve an antipasto try, salalmi,peppers, olives,cheese..Then salad, then pasta with pesto, bbq pork ribs and baroldi and french bread and butter.. Ahhh, emmmm:ROFLMAO:
kadesma:)

Nice Kadesma! Glad you get to go out and have some fun!!!

Not sure what we'll have yet.

Lasagna for us tonight. I made home made noodles which are drying right now, and the sauce is bubbling.

My asthma started acting up last night ... and a real bother all day ... think I might do my first of 4 times a year "call a pizza place" for tonight.

Feel better soon Michael!

I was all set to make Paul a big fancy dinner tonight. I told him he could have any thing he wanted... ya know what he wants? Hamburgers! Silly man!

Bucky, I know it's probably to late, but if you don't want to grill your pork, roast them whole, pull them out when they're done, let them rest, then slice into medallions.

It's kind of dicey around here right now.

Late last night / early this morning, PeppA's mom (my MIL) went up to the ER because she couldn't breathe. Well, they admitted her, so she's staying for who knows how long. Could be a week, could be three weeks.

This morning, after I took the kids to school, PeppA went to see her doctor. She's been fighting the flu/asthmatic bronchitis for a couple days now. Her doctor took a quick listen to her lungs, and told her to get to the hospital. PeppA is in the same room with her Mom.

I had to call in to work, tell my boss that I won't be in, why, yadda yadda yadda. What's worse, is all 5 kids are sick to some varying degree or another. All three little ones are on antibiotics, as is the oldest. Justin stayed home sick today, as he came home sick from school yesterday. However, the little snot's feeling better, so I'm sending him off to school tomorrow.

Dinner is some pork shoulder steaks that I'm cooking on a griddle with some Broiled Steak Seasoning (something PeppA does, I'm not to keen on it), oven-roasted potatoes, corn, and hominy. I thought I grabbed two cans of hominy, but when I opened it, oppsie a can of corn was there!

I took the little one spring clothes shopping, and we grabbed Arby's. I don't usually rave over fast food, but their Martha's Vineyard salad ROCKS!

I seared some lean steak and then sliced it thinly, and stir fried it for about a minute and a half, in a store bought szechuan sauce, and it turned out to be AWESOME! Very spicy and smoky and peppery.

A day after Callum gets 4 shots, he comes down with his first of many colds. We had a rough day and a 45 min drive into town to see a stupid doctor (he's not our usual doc but he had a open appt). Never again will I take my kids to see this doc again, open appt or not, I will request someone else!:angry:

So after all that mumbo jumbo, I had an easy chicken soft taco with green chile & cheese. Some "candle wax" hershey's kisses for dessert, or as Aidan calls them "big chocolate chips.":LOL:

Back
Top Bottom