Thursday, 4-12-18, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We're going Asian for dinner. Beef tataki, tenderloin, that has been marinating since last night. Vegetable tempura. A seafood salad, shrimp, conch, and squid, over a bed of grated carrots and seeded sliced cucumbers, with a dressing using kimchi base, honey and a little lime juice.

Grocery shopping revealed sea scallops on sale for $9.99/Lb! Lowest price in some time. So it's pan seared scallops with a side of green beans.

I just had the SC pull out some wings from the freezer and I still have an over supply of veggies. I'll be marinating the wings to go on the grill with a big basket of grilled marinated zucchini/bell peppers/mushrooms/white onion wedges.

I'm looking forward to sitting by the new grill tonight with my good book, good wine, good music and good sunny weather. Just doesn't get better than that. :cool::chef:

Went to a fish mongers shop yesterday to pick up some mussels for a friend and myself. Tonight's supper with a spicy tomato sauce and traditional french fries.

They were more expensive - but HUGE! almost double the size of grocer's. I'll be very careful cooking them - heaven forbid should I let them get tough!

I'm going to use the innards from the extra baked tater from yesterday for fried potatoes (plus the 1/2 tater I couldn't finish last night) and fill the skins with shredded pork and baked beans mix and re-bake them until the shells are crispy.

It looks like there will be more than enough leftovers to freeze for another day down the road too.

National Grilled Cheese Day

I had planned on Croque Monsieur for tonight. Then I found out that it is National Grilled Cheese Day today. Monsieur, can you wait, s'il vous plaît? We're going old-school grilled cheese instead - although ham or tomato might figure into the equation.

I'm doing a new recipe as the side: Celery & Green Apple Slaw. Celery root was on sale recently. I remember it being dirt-cheap when I was a kid...

We have been having a lot of "bad" things lately so tonight I am going for a classic meatloaf (no wheat crumbs), mushroom gravy, mashed sweet potatoes, and a vegetable to be named later.

Our dinner.

Attachments

• 2018-04-12 18.25.15.jpg
    2018-04-12 18.25.15.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 2018-04-12 18.24.40.jpg
    2018-04-12 18.24.40.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 2018-04-12 18.24.11.jpg
    2018-04-12 18.24.11.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 110
Desperation Dinner tonight. Still recovering from my recent illness and ran out of spoons, so I'm heating up a PF Chang's frozen meal - Mongolian Beef. Made basmati rice and marinated cucumbers to go with it.

Well, I have no clue as to what will go onto our plates this evening,
I'm plum out of ideas...
so with that said, we're coming to your house Med and Craig!!!

Med, that plate looks a~maz~ing!

I had given up hope that the last of the sub-contractors would show up today to fix what needed to be fix from A YEAR AGO!!!
So, I ventured off to the mega-mart for supplies;
got a bag of frozen b/s chicken thighs.
Well, the dude finally came and finished the job,
so I've put on a pot of Shoyu Chicken
https://alohashoyu.com/2017/07/easy-shoyu-chicken/

56875-albums1036-picture6445.jpg

[file photo from my Dinner Album, I've made this dish a gazillion times]

I was going to make a batch of Hawaiian (Zippy's-Style) Macaroni Salad,
004.JPG
wit da Tuna inside too, yeah?! MMM! ONO!
but that guy was in my kitchen, dang it :mad:
so instead I put a coupla extra pieces of chicken into the pot to simmer and we'll have that for lunch tomorrow :yum: wit da Mac Salad too yeah
... uh, I gotta make a fresh pot of rice and I already have Cucumber Kim Chee ready in the `fridge

56875-albums1036-picture6406.jpg

[another file photo from my Dinner Album of my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee along with Teri Chicken and steamed White Rice, MMM]

Gee, now I want Teri Chicken, but it's WAY too wind to grill, 35-45mph winds today and possibly tomorrow as well --- Hello Spring :flowers:

Lunch was tuna salad sandwich

tuna_sandwich_041218_IMG_3986.jpg

Dinner was smoked pork chop, mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts

smoked_chop_sprouts_041218_IMG_3988.jpg

THEN I saw all the beautiful fond in the pan and decided to loosen it up with a bit of water and butter (if I had some coffee it would have been red eye) and had a nice pan gravy.

smoked_chop_sprouts_gravy_041218_IMG_3992.jpg

I was going to have cheese (aged Gouda) with a combo plate of hard salame, sopressata and proscuitto...but odd things happened and I'm having chorizo and eggs.

The mussels were fantastic! Huge - tender - delish!l

Everything was ready when we realized we had no Mayo... AWK!!! Part of the menu was Sriracha laced mayo for the fries...
Dragn to the rescue with laptop on kitchen table - no need for recipe book where I have no clue my 6 mayo recipes are stored, LOL.

Showed her how to make some mayo - now this little lady is VERY impatient so by tying her arms behind her and only releasing one at at time she got the yolk, lemon juice, vinegr, mustard into the container - I did the blending while she poured just a drizzle of oil the whole time... LOL, I know towards the end you can add it faster but I made her do it slow! :LOL::LOL:

I was a little worried about the mussels with the wait to make the mayo - but they were fine, beautiful, tender, tasty, chin dribbling, fingers dripping fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom