Thursday, 4/7/16 dinner, what's your meal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Hubert Keller's saffron, leek, potato, lots and lots and lots of garlic (4 heads) soup. There won't be any vampires around our house tonight! A floater of toast and poached egg.

Today was grocery shopping day. I bought a piece of fish for SO so I can enjoy a meal of lasagna that she doesn't care for.

Lemon Butter Chicken Thighs that Kayelle posted the recipe link a couple of days ago. I think I'll serve it over angel hair pasta, with broc on the side.

Lots of veggies to use up, so it'll be a loaded up salad with leftover sliced grilled chicken, topped with ranch dressing. I'm thinking I'll cube the last of the rye bread and toast it for croutons.

Thinking quick 'n dirty baked chicken strips, perhaps some roasted broccoli.

Edit: change of plans. DH brought home storebought pulled pork and coleslaw. I failed to tell him I'd already just brought home a head of cabbage along with the other stuff.

Last edited:
I just got home from my Sav-A-Lot monthly shopping trip. My reward is a TV dinner by Bsnquet. Breaded beef patties in white gravy.

Freshly made greens and veggie salad (need to cut up that Roma) and fruit salad book-ending leftovers and must-goes. Right now, though, Himself is wrestling with the plumbing underneath the sink. You know that leaking garbage disposal? It started to belch smoke when I went to use it on Monday. :ohmy: We have a new unit, Himself has viewed an abundance of videos showing how to replace it, and actually read the installation instructions! Still, the air in the kitchen is still blue.:ermm: Everybody, please cross your fingers!

Attachments

• 2016-04-07 18.56.39.jpg
    2016-04-07 18.56.39.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 166
I'm going to roast a cornish game hen from Walmart. They sell nice smaller frozen ones (16 oz. - no gizzards pack) as opposed to the 27 oz. ones from Tyson (gizzards pack), which I can't finish and don't care to store in the fridge for another day. Bushes baked beans, lots of celery sticks and buttered bread round out this meal.

Great looking and sounding dinners tonight!

The SousChef got a half price deal on chicken wings today. It's been gloomy and cool here today and since we're only really happy with grilled wings since I learned how to do them from Pac..(I miss Pac like crazy BTW) my sweet husband set me up with a space heater by the grill. Yes, I know I'm spoiled and wimpy California girl.
Anyway, the Asian style wings on the grill were delicious, and so was my seat by the grill, with the space heater, my book and music with a couple of glasses of Vino.
Sides were steamed broccoli for both of us and Tater Tots for him. Life is good.

Great looking and sounding dinners tonight!

The SousChef got a half price deal on chicken wings today. It's been gloomy and cool here today and since we're only really happy with grilled wings since I learned how to do them from Pac..(I miss Pac like crazy BTW) my sweet husband set me up with a space heater by the grill. Yes, I know I'm spoiled and wimpy California girl.
Anyway, the Asian style wings on the grill were delicious, and so was my seat by the grill, with the space heater, my book and music with a couple of glasses of Vino.
Sides were steamed broccoli for both of us and Tater Tots for him. Life is good.

Souschef is a sweetheart :heart:

I had a headache that wouldn't quit, so DH picked up a pizza from our neighborhood shop for dinner tonight. Yummy. He's a sweetheart, too :heart:

Back
Top Bottom