Thursday, 5-21-20, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Boil soup with the leftover potatoes, garlic, onion, corn and andouille sausage, plus a few crawfish tails from the crawfish boil last Saturday.

Attachments

• 2020-05-21 17.52.33.jpg
    2020-05-21 17.52.33.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 100
I was going to make carbonara and a salad. Then, I got a migraine, so we had leftovers again. One of the Chinese dishes actually improved in the fridge. The texture of the beef became tender rather than very chewy.

We had the leftover cubed steaks from the other night. Then pear pie for dessert while we watched The Masked Singer finale from last night.

We had the leftover cubed steaks from the other night. Then pear pie for dessert while we watched The Masked Singer finale from last night.

We have to check out that show on re-runs this summer...it sounds like great fun Dave. We haven't watched the recorded finale from The Voice yet. Love that show.

We're having leftovers too. We have a leftover Chimi to share from the dinner from SC, and he's making killer dinner salads from the dressing from the lobster rolls we made. Whata team! :yum::chef:
We're having frozen Key Lime Pie for watching TV tonight.

Last edited:
We had Chinese take away. Curried shrimp and veggies and spicy beef and broccoli, which was spicy this time. We shared. Also egg rolls. My modis operandi is to usually drive right past and pick up crispy delicious Vietnamese eggrolls, but since we can't be galivanting all over right now, we settled on the Chinese ones. Adequate, barely. Good fried rice though.

Today I made a nutritious one dish sort of a Thai fusion dish, between a curry and satay. I first pressure cooked about 1/2 lb of red chori seeds in the Instantpot for 10 min, while preparing the greens (purple kale, senposai, and outer red dragon napa leaves), and onion (actually a very large scallion, from the garden), then drained and rinsed them. Then I cooked the chopped scallion in some coconut oil until turning golden, and added about 1/2 c red Thai curry paste, and cooked about 5 min. Then I stirred in a quart of coconut milk, 5 pairs of lime leaves, 3 tb each of fish sauce, palm sugar, and lime juice, along with the half cooked beans, and about a half cup of brown basmati rice, soaked while the beans were cooking. I also added a whole chocolate habanero, and whole aji dulce, and a pound of chopped up greens - purple kale, senposai, and purple napa...so not many greens really! lol I cooked it for 10 min. again, then let the pressure release naturally. I removed the leaves and the chiles, and adjusted the salt with a little more fish sauce.
Sort of a Thai curry/satay with chori beans and greens. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Ooops - I forgot about the part about the 2 tb of chunky peanut butter added at the end. That's where the satay part came from.

We were in a sandwich kinda mindset so, I made Braunschweiger sandwiches on soft bread with mayo and thin sliced onions. Served with potato chips.

Baked a bread pudding for dessert..

Ross

Back
Top Bottom