Thursday 8/24/2017 What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
At this time I am not sure what will be for dinner.

I have ham steak so it will that with ...... eggs and/or pancakes or mashed potatoes and vegetable? TBD later.

The fresh swordfish at the market looked (and smelled) good so that's what's for dinner along with steamed broccoli.

I've got some corned beef from the deli and some nice Swiss cheese so we'll have Rubens tonight. I think I have some tater tots in the freezer that I'll bake up and salads. I was going to make some German Potato salad but after my workshop this morning and dentist appointment this afternoon, I'm really not in the mood to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.

Getting ready for the great storm Harvey, a day after getting home from the eclipse. Water chilling in the fridge, tonight is a simple keilbasa and cabbage. Tomorrow will be whatever we can scrounge in the fridge, in anticipation of losing power.

Getting ready for the great storm Harvey, a day after getting home from the eclipse. Water chilling in the fridge, tonight is a simple keilbasa and cabbage. Tomorrow will be whatever we can scrounge in the fridge, in anticipation of losing power.
Wow, you're in Houston. Best wishes getting through this with nothing more than a power outage. A hurricane that came ashore at the Outer Banks of North Carolina in 2003 was a tropical storm by the time it got to us and we lost both power and water for five days. People I know who were at the end of their power line didn't get it for two weeks and dozens of trees came down all over the area. I understand that Harvey could be a Cat 3 by the time it comes ashore at Galveston (probably).

Take care.

Last edited:
No idea what's for dinner. I'm not feeling well today. DH is at a late work meeting (with a co-worker/friend at a new brewery downtown [emoji38]). I'll probably get him to bring home a pizza.

Be safe, blackbird! Been following TS Harvey on the news - looks like a doozie. :ohmy:

Great sounding dinners, all. Not sure yet, but I'm thinking of building a tostada. Already have the seasoned and cooked gr beef, shredded cheddar and pepper jack. Need to fry up a corn tortilla, I don't buy those cardboard tasteless prepared tostada shells. :) Sounding better as i type this, think I'll go ahead and shred the lettuce and dice a tomato.

Last edited:
Hunker down and stay safe, BB...

welp... the polish dog was too early, I guess..

Put together BLT's on small, toasted brioche buns... That should hold us until dessert time... :rolleyes:

Ross

I'm having the rest of the Chicken Cordon Bleu casserole I made the other day. It's good, but not so good that I'll make it again. At least I can cross that one off my list.

Had to go to Costco to order new glasses....

Good excuse for a Polish Dog... :yum:

Marionberry pie for later...

Ross

Do you eat it with gold utensils and a side of crack?:ROFLMAO:

We ordered Italian from a new, just opened place. Another one to add to the "never Again" list.

Last edited:
Do you eat it with gold utensils and a side of crack?:ROFLMAO:.

Lol. Extra crack, please, I've gotta get re-elected.

I stopped at a Korean market last night on the way into work, so dinner was japchae noodles topped with sambal oelek, an oshinko futomaki, and some uni over rice.

Thanks, JC, so far it's not too bad, just a bit of light rain. The map looks good, too, it's the talk of the storm stalling and dumping on us for days that has me worried. We've done it before, full gas tanks and ready to buy ice! I just wish we could send some of this rain your direction.

Back
Top Bottom