Thursday April 16 Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
So far, all I know is I plan on putting on a ham to bake in about one hour. DH is still on a soft diet, don't know what else will go with. I have a ripe avocado....

Am mainly preparing for a community wide yard sale on Saturday, what fun!:wacko:

What's going on at your place?

I am making the dreaded tuna noodle casserole. LOL Personally, I love it! DH will eat it. My stepson told me when he moved out that he will never eat tuna noodle casserole again. My step daughter would love to have it, but her husband won't eat tuna, so she doesn't make it. Maybe I'll save her some leftovers, if there are any.

Loving the great weather. Grilling some bone-in/skin-on chicken breasts tonight, after I brine them for a couple of hours. I'll make a salad to go with them.

Cast Iron Pizza w/ mushrooms, roasted red pepper, spinach, sun dried tomato's.

img_1418221_0_4ead03982920a5352bf9ba0fa778651c.jpg

Been mostly a beautiful day and I spent a lot of it outside planting our container vegetable garden.

However, I cooked the carcass from our Easter turkey earlier in the week, so I made a very hearty turkey-vegetable soup with homemade noodle dumplings. The last of the frozen potato rolls with butter will accompany the soup. Iced tea will wash it down. We'll probably finish up the baklava for dessert.

I can only imagine how great it must be to be able to grill again Andy after such a terrible winter. I enjoy grilling all year so much, so I'm really happy for you. It's my quiet time with my glass of wine, good music by dead people, and a book if it's a long grill. It just makes me happy.

Tonight we're having grilled wings marinated and brushed in a spicy Hawaiian sauce with a grill basket of marinated vinaigrette veggies..(asparagus, tri colored bell peppers, onion leaves and mushrooms) along with garlic toast.

That pizza is a work of art Joey.

I agree, one nice pizza!

I made a salad-for-two, and then Himself and I each went our own way with leftovers. He had some of the ham and green beans, I finished the chicken cordon bleu casserole.

That pizza looks wonderful, Joey.

Kayelle...."good music by dead people"...:LOL: that kind of made me smile, but I hear ya...so many of the good ones are gone now. Give me the old Beatles, Bob Marley, Dan Fogelburg, and so many others I can't think of right now, and I'm happy.

Dinner tonight was grilled cheese with my first homemade French bread using smoked gouda, cheddar, and Havarti, and Campbell's tomato soup doctored up with 1/2 and 1/2, and basil. Yum.

I can only imagine how great it must be to be able to grill again Andy after such a terrible winter. I enjoy grilling all year so much, so I'm really happy for you. It's my quiet time with my glass of wine, good music by dead people, and a book if it's a long grill. It just makes me happy.

Tonight we're having grilled wings marinated and brushed in a spicy Hawaiian sauce with a grill basket of marinated vinaigrette veggies..(asparagus, tri colored bell peppers, onion leaves and mushrooms) along with garlic toast.

The dinner was great, other than the fact I needed a bath after eating those yummy chicken wings!. i have tried to order the Hooters costume for her to go with the chicken wings, but she will have no part of it and neither will Trixie (the avatar)!!

Attachments

• hooters.jpg
    hooters.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Kayelle...."good music by dead people"...:LOL: that kind of made me smile, but I hear ya...so many of the good ones are gone now. Give me the old Beatles, Bob Marley, Dan Fogelburg, and so many others I can't think of right now, and I'm happy.

And just this week, Percy Sledge...What greater song than "When a Man Loves a Woman"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOaDgS1RKK0

:ohmy::( Seriously...how could I have missed Percy...one of the greatest.

JoAnn, what is a Maid Rites?

Cheryl, it's an Iowa thing. Basically, a loosemeat sandwich (remember Roseanne?). Seasoned ground beef, etc., on a bun. Salty, but delicious!

Last edited:
Cheryl, it's an Iowa thing. Basically, a loosemeat sandwich (remember Roseanne?). Seasoned ground beef, etc., on a bun. Salty, but delicious!

Oh, OK...I only watched a few Roseanne's :LOL: and up until today have never heard of Maid Rite. I just looked up their site....looks pretty much like a sloppy joe but with mustard instead of the tomato base. I could go for trying one of those in my lifetime. :)

Back
Top Bottom