Thursday, Jan 26, 2017, What's on your table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight's supper is being inspired by Mrs. Dear Friend, who has decided to go Gluten free-Dairy Free Pescetarian, and asked me recently for some suggestions.
I gave her this recipe, which I haven't made for awhile now, so ...

fish vera cruz style.jpg
[file photo]

The recipe is titled Greek Chicken. It's skinless bone-in chicken thighs in the slow cooker with tomatoes and onions, topped with slices of feta at the end. I'll serve it over some kind of pasta, steamed green beans on the side.

DD ordered Italian take out. Pizza, calzone, chicken tenders and antipasto.

I have a stuffed huge (6.25lb) chicken roasting in a cooking bag. Good grief, it's impossible to find a small chicken anymore. It's been so long since I've stuffed a bird, but I'm looking forward to again tasting the dressing (now stuffing) from Thanksgiving. My SC adores my dressing, so he's doing a happy dance.
Sides are to be determined.

I made refried beans today and added almost 1/2 cup of lard for the first time. I really think it improves both the texture and the taste. So two bean burritos for supper.

How do you fix the sausage, peppers and onions?
I start by simmering my Italian sausage in water to boil out a bit of fat and cook them most of the way through. Remove them and when cool enough to handle I cut them in large diagonal medallions. I cut my red peppers and onions in fairly large chunks. Get the onions and peppers going in a large skillet with olive oil,(onions for a couple of minutes first). Med high temp to give them a bit of a char. Add the sausage to get it browning also. Turn the heat down a bit and add Oregano, chopped garlic, salt and pepper, let this fry on med-low for another few minutes. Fresh parsley and serve..

Last edited:
I start by simmering my Italian sausage in water to boil out a bit of fat and cook them most of the way through. Remove them and when cool enough to handle I cut them in large diagonal medallions. I cut my red peppers and onions in fairly large chunks. Get the onions and peppers going in a large skillet with olive oil,(onions for a couple of minutes first). Med high temp to give them a bit of a char. Add the sausage to get it browning also. Turn the heat down a bit and add Oregano, chopped garlic, salt and pepper, let this fry on med-low for another few minutes. Fresh parsley and serve..

Thanks. Sounds yummy and easy :yum:

Back
Top Bottom