Thursday night supper 2023 May the fourth be with you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I made fried rice (brown basmati rice) with eggs, already cooked roasted onion sausage, carrots, onions, broccoli, yellow bell pepper, some limp lettuce leaves, some pineapple, a few oyster mushrooms, and some bok choy. It was good. But, the roasted onion sausages and the pineapple were only okay. I learned they are not optimal and won't be using them in fried rice again.

Fried brown rice with sausage and vegis.jpgFried rice with sausage and vegis.jpg

I like the ham and pineapple fried rice that the Thai restaurant we get take-out from makes. Himself does not. I suppose if I made my own fried rice I could add pineapple to my share of the fried rice as I plate it. Hmm...

I made up a menu for the next four days before I went to bed Wednesday night. Thursday was going to be shrimp tacos for Cinco de Mayo. :unsure: When I got up Thursday I realized that, while I do not know Spanish, "cinq" in French means 5. Oops!

Thursday's supper ended up being Friday's plans: Thai peanut sauce chicken with pepper and onions. As I'm cleaning out the basement food stock, I ran across a bottle of Thai peanut dipping sauce that could also be used for stir fry. Bell peppers were on sale this week for $1 each at Price Chopper. This week's per-pound price at Market Basket was $2.99. Since the smallest pepper I bought yesterday weighed in at 9.3 ounces, I got a nice deal! Chicken breasts were $1.99/pound. Hence, my recipe choice.
20230504_211138.jpg

I guess you can figure out what we'll be eating on Friday! :LOL:

I like the ham and pineapple fried rice that the Thai restaurant we get take-out from makes. Himself does not. I suppose if I made my own fried rice I could add pineapple to my share of the fried rice as I plate it. Hmm...

I made up a menu for the next four days before I went to bed Wednesday night. Thursday was going to be shrimp tacos for Cinco de Mayo. :unsure: When I got up Thursday I realized that, while I do not know Spanish, "cinq" in French means 5. Oops!

Thursday's supper ended up being Friday's plans: Thai peanut sauce chicken with pepper and onions. As I'm cleaning out the basement food stock, I ran across a bottle of Thai peanut dipping sauce that could also be used for stir fry. Bell peppers were on sale this week for $1 each at Price Chopper. This week's per-pound price at Market Basket was $2.99. Since the smallest pepper I bought yesterday weighed in at 9.3 ounces, I got a nice deal! Chicken breasts were $1.99/pound. Hence, my recipe choice.
View attachment 64493

I guess you can figure out what we'll be eating on Friday! :LOL:
I have one of those $1.00 PriceChopper red peppers for tonight’s fajitas! The same peppers were $3.49 at the local Wegman’s last week!

My mama told me, you better shop around (shop, shop around, uh-huh-huh) … 🤭😉

CG, These single serve 4oz. lunch box snack cups of pineapple tidbits in juice are nice when you only need a small amount.

Attachments

• 1683272929189.jpeg
    1683272929189.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 3
@Aunt Bea, I have bought mandarin oranges in those little cups to have on hand when I make cranberry muffins from a box mix. I usually have a tuna can size of pineapple for when I need it. I'll have to look for the pineapple snack packs next time I need to stock up. (y)

Back
Top Bottom