Thursday, September 14, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So how and you and Craig doing?

No tv or Internet yet though, having to use our phones or xfinity hotspots. Using our phones for hotspots and tethering gives us faster connections. So many people on xfin that they are really slow. Comcast opened them up to everybody, which was nice of them corporate wise. I have noticed though it's a bit better when signed in under our account

Last of the ham steak from earlier in the week, along with the last of the mac & cheese, a salad, and a bowl of mixed fruit for dessert.

med and Craig, I'm glad the effects of Irma were minimal at your home.

...I'm grazing again today, mostly on leftovers and fruit. That happens a lot when you cook for one. I need to clear out the leftovers so I can cook fresh this weekend -- and eat the leftovers next week. It's a vicious cycle...
We're two in this house, but I still cook for 4 to 6 or more. It's called "planned leftovers" in our house so I can get other stuff done. Sadly, I manage my time poorly and the "Stuff" ends up being goofing off online instead of anything productive. :ermm:

Thursday saw us stopping at our favorite diner along our route, Blue Colony Diner in Newtown, CT. We enjoy their dinner specials both for the food and the price. All "Daily Special" meals include your salad, soup, and non-alcoholic beverage, plus veggie and potato if a component to the meal. Himself and I each had a cup of Italian Wedding Soup and the house dressing (red wine, olive oil, a few seasonings) on our salads. Himself got their version of beef stroganoff served over noodles. He said that their sauce had a bit of tomato sauce to it, but not so much that it overpowers. I figure they just use more paprika than I do. He liked it, but likes mine better. :chef: (Smart man). I had the oven BBQ ribs with mashed potatoes and peas, extra sauce on the side, please. Brought half home, then finished the veggies and one rib more. I still have a couple of ribs left in the refrigerator. :yum: Oh, his dinner cost $12.99, mine was $11.99. Cheap Eats indeed!

Attachments

• 20170914_175441.jpg
    20170914_175441.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 20170914_180813.jpg
    20170914_180813.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 20170914_180826.jpg
    20170914_180826.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 117
med and Craig, I'm glad the effects of Irma were minimal at your home.

We're two in this house, but I still cook for 4 to 6 or more. It's called "planned leftovers" in our house so I can get other stuff done. Sadly, I manage my time poorly and the "Stuff" ends up being goofing off online instead of anything productive. :ermm:

Thursday saw us stopping at our favorite diner along our route, Blue Colony Diner in Newtown, CT. We enjoy their dinner specials both for the food and the price. All "Daily Special" meals include your salad, soup, and non-alcoholic beverage, plus veggie and potato if a component to the meal. Himself and I each had a cup of Italian Wedding Soup and the house dressing (red wine, olive oil, a few seasonings) on our salads. Himself got their version of beef stroganoff served over noodles. He said that their sauce had a bit of tomato sauce to it, but not so much that it overpowers. I figure they just use more paprika than I do. He liked it, but likes mine better. :chef: (Smart man). I had the oven BBQ ribs with mashed potatoes and peas, extra sauce on the side, please. Brought half home, then finished the veggies and one rib more. I still have a couple of ribs left in the refrigerator. :yum: Oh, his dinner cost $12.99, mine was $11.99. Cheap Eats indeed!
I put a small amount of tomato paste in my stroganoff. Though not enough to make it red/pink in color.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom