Thursday supper, what are you having? 2022 December 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Tonight for supper we tried some "White Shish Taouk Marinaded Chicken Breast" from Les Filles Fattoush, which we get from Lufa Farms (our produce basket place). Oh yeah, that was delicious. It was just as good as, but different from, the red one we tried last week. I served that with some frozen hash brown potato patties. I also made a madras curried veggie side dish. Very tasty supper.

Attachments

• Shish taouk chicken breast, hash brown potato patties, and curried veggies 2.jpg
    Shish taouk chicken breast, hash brown potato patties, and curried veggies 2.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Shish taouk chicken breast, hash brown potato patties, and curried veggies.jpg
    Shish taouk chicken breast, hash brown potato patties, and curried veggies.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 4
Nothing :(
I was going to make French fries & steak, but we got such an enormous downpour with thunder & lightning and heavy wind, that I ended up comforting my dogs
While drinking red wine.
Had a big breakfast this morning

I had planned to make Meatball Subs using some LO's from a couple of days ago...in the meantime...

There was a terrific sale on chuck roast, so I ordered one for delivery on Wednesday. On Thursday morning, I got that going in a crock pot for burrito meat to go in the freezer. As long as I was doing some slow cooking, I started a couple of pounds of pintos in another crock pot, for freezer "refrieds". Both were finished right about dinnertime, so we decided to have burritos for dinner! I made a batch of salsa and we had chips too. It was almost like being back in Culver City, CA, only better! No traffic! :clap:

We'll have those meatballs subs today or tomorrow!

Are those sandwiches on Finn Crisp? They look yummy, whatever they are on.
Usually I have whole wheat toast, but when I'm out I use rye crisp crackers. I just made bread so that is what mr bliss had for lunch.

I had a dental check up at 2, an eye exam at 6:30, and plans to get a small pork roast and sauerkraut in the slow cooker in between. :unsure: You know the saying about best laid plans?

After my eye exam and both Himself and I selecting new glasses, it was too late (and I was too hungry)to do anything but hit a restaurant. Texas Roadhouse was in the same shopping center, I had a gift card, so we enjoyed steaks, potatoes (baked for me, dinner fries for Himself), and a Caesar salad for him, broccoli for me.

Usually I have whole wheat toast, but when I'm out I use rye crisp crackers. I just made bread so that is what mr bliss had for lunch.
Finn Crisp is a type of crisp, 100% whole rye. I grew up with this type of thing called bread. I know a lot of people call them crackers because they are crisp like crackers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom