Thursday the 3rd Dinner Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'll be grilling some boneless pork chops. Buttered egg noodles and a salad are the sides.

Leftover potatoes corn and venison steaks, leftover chicken pecan salad. A vegetable curry with broccoli, chick peas, and zucchini in a sweet potato sauce.

I was looking through the 2017 Cooks Illustrated Annual recently. I have some leftover asparagus and frozen shrimp, so I'm thinking about making stir-fried shrimp with asparagus and garlic sauce for dinner.

What, I have to cook again? :ermm: *sigh*

Actually, I overdid yesterday. So very tired today. I had planned on BLT sandwiches on the homemade oatmeal bread. I've snacked on fruits and dairy, though, having a bowl of yogurt with raspberries and then fresh strawberries with cottage cheese. I still have a taste for a BLT, though. If I end up not making them, Himself has a fall-back plan of leftover corned beef and cabbage.

It's a cookbook I won, https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/feasts-sabrina-ghayour/1127179686?ean=9781681883748&st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_New+Core+Shopping+Top+Margin+EANs_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP210604&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvrefutbq2gIVgzuBCh0RiQPrEAQYAyABEgL5__D_BwE

Pork and fennel baklava with confetti cauliflower rice/couscous. The baklava is out of the Feasts Persian cookbook, although I used fresh fennel instead of seeds since we had some we needed to use up. I would halve the amount of syrup because it's a little too sweet for us. The cauliflower rice had red bell, zucchini, currants, green onions, with spices of turmeric and ras el hanout.

Attachments

• 2018-05-03 19.02.35.jpg
    2018-05-03 19.02.35.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 163
To expound more, the pork is baked until it will shred, then mixed with sauteed onions, garlic, the fennel, fresh roasted grape tomatoes, tomato sauce, honey in the pork mixture. Feta is also part of the filling. The syrup is sugar, water, orange zest and cayenne pepper.

I ate a mistake......

Had a problem with a customer just before close..she ordered something with a bunch of modifications and I made it wrong, so I did it over again..It was good, but I just wish people would order what is on the menu..

It was a black forest ham and swiss on marble rye, with mustard mayo, tomatoes and lettuce...

I ate a mistake......

Had a problem with a customer just before close..she ordered something with a bunch of modifications and I made it wrong, so I did it over again..It was good, but I just wish people would order what is on the menu..

It was a black forest ham and swiss on marble rye, with mustard mayo, tomatoes and lettuce...

Sounds good to me...

That customer encounter sounds like a routine I hear on a radio commercial, Roch. The woman goes up to a food truck, starts to substitute this for that and the other thing - it sounds like she's trying to order a steak sub but with chicken - when the food truck guy asks "lady, you DO know this is a taco cart, right?"

I can see swapping mayo for ketchup, or omit onions, but to switch up a bunch of ingredients? Must be frustrating. At least you know that sandwich you had for supper was made with love. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom