Thursday's Dinner 5/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Wednesday on Thursday !
Lasagna with Pasta Salad (Forgot to buy Bread......)

Lasagna , Pasta salad 5-2021.jpg

Odd Asian Fusion. Vietnamese Summer Rolls with peanut sauce. Salmon Teriyaki with roasted asparagus. Chocolate pie for dessert.

Attachments

• salmon teriyaki.jpg
    salmon teriyaki.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 41
  • summer rolls.jpg
    summer rolls.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 42
Nathan's famous dogs with macaroni salad.

Attachments

• 2021-05-13 19.15.29.jpg
    2021-05-13 19.15.29.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 38
I had some chicken breast and some Italian sausage that I needed to do something with before they went off. I marinated the chicken with some herbs, for two hours. I put the chicken and the sausages on a roasting pan, then I poured some of the leftover marinade on the chicken and decided to put some on the sausages too. I roasted the chicken and the Italian sausages for about 25 minutes.That worked really well. The already delicious sausages were even better than usual and the chicken was really tasty, tender, and moist. I served that with some spaghetti tossed with pesto and a bit of pasta water. I made a salad of rainbow chard, sorrel, tatsoi, Boston lettuce, half a thinly sliced shallot, half a julienned red Bell pepper, and some homemade vinaigrette. I'm very pleased with how that meal turned out.

The roasted meats:

PXL_20210513_230644840 small.jpg

Stirling's first serving:

PXL_20210513_230808423 small.jpg

And my plate:

PXL_20210513_230902355 small.jpg

Shopped at Sam's Club, for a new TV so, we brought home their hot dog and drink combos. A steal @ $3.24 for two combos.

Later, we finished off the strawberry cake.

Ross

I love the hotdogs at Costco! Are Sam's similar?

Pretty much so.

Our favorite was the Costco Polish Dog, which they discontinued in our area (CA) a few years back. The hot dogs, at both places, are good, not outstanding.

Sam's club is OK but, finally, Springfield, MO is opening a Costco this year. Can't beat a dog and large drink for $1.50 + tax.

Ross

We had some homemade pierogies in the freezer, so I thawed and cooked them on the stovetop. I also caramelized some onions and made a cucumber-dill salad to go with them. And I roasted some carrots for me and Brussels sprouts for DH and topped them with a little balsamic vinegar. Good eats. 20210512_200231.jpg

Back
Top Bottom