Thursday's Dinner - 6/30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Stacked Cheeseburgers, Home Fries with Onions,
Corn & Sweet Peppers.........
(Note to self : Do not fry Spuds in oil !
Get off butt and get butter !)

Cheeseburgers 6-30-22.jpg

No idea. Too drained to cook.* There is enough of yesterday's shrimp for one. Himself can have it if he wants. I might settle for PB&J on homemade bread. Then again, my mind can change and I might rustle up something quick and easy...

* I've been a Cleveland baseball fan since 1959. I have followed the team closely for most of those years. (Having baby/young twins in the first half of the 1980s put a crimp on "close" for a while.) This was supposed to be a down year. "Let the kids play" was the idea, to see which of their players might be good enough to stick. WOW! What exciting games there have been! We probably won't even make the playoffs (but who knows?), but this has been a whirlwind of a season so far. Winning home run to win in 10 innings last night! Home run to end today's game in the 9th. So. Much. FUN! Might be the end of me this year, but it's fun. :LOL:

Today was a run-around day. SO had a list of stops and we checked them off one by one. After her last item she said, "OK we can go home now." I replied that there was one more stop. I was starving and it was about 3:00 so we stopped at a Burger King so we could eat. That filled me up more that I expected so dinner was light. Scrambled eggs and bacon.

IMG_0185.jpg

Just one too many hot days in a row. We decided on cold suppers.

Jimmy John's subs sounded good "Freaky fast delivery". Punch in our addy. Sorry, we do not deliver to your area. Jersey Mikes= 20 minutes delivery. One mixed Italian and one turkey cheese, both with all the trimmings.
Watermelon and ice tea from the fridge.

I might try to get away this again when I don't feel like cooking.

Tonight was cooked lentils in chicken bone broth, with beef bites, seasoned with cumin, smoked paprika, and onion. Sliced cukes rounded out the meal. The lentils were cooked thick, not a soup. It was tasty. Grandson said "I don't really like lentils." Made him try this version. He liked them enough that he had two large bowl fulls. I call that a win.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I asked DH if he would be interested in fish and chips if I could find the spoons. He replied sure! But, if you don't, I have a bit of a craving for Dagwoods. Well, with such a good backup plan in place, I didn't have to be convinced to postpone the fish and chips til tomorrow or Saturday. DH had a "Dagwood" sandwich, Ham, mortadella, pepperoni, salami, cheese, and choice of toppings. On a wholewheat sub bun, with lettuce, green peppers, olives, green peppers, dill pickle slices, and Dagwood sauce. Mine was "The Club", Roast beef, ham, turkey, cheese, and choice of toppings. Also on a wholewheat sub bun, but with lettuce, onion, black, olives, mayo, and Dijon.

I had already made dessert, jordbærgrød, a Danish strawberry dessert that I served with crème fraiche. So here's pix of the dessert.

Jordbærgrød - Danish strawberry dessert.jpg Jordbærgrød - Danish strawberry dessert with crème fraiche.jpg

We ended up with take out pizza. We haven't found a place we're happy with yet, but I asked across-the-street neighbor if they had a favorite. He suggested we try Thompson House of Pizza (it seems like EVERY town around here has a "Name of town" House of Pizza). We got one from there tonight. Hallelujah, we found good pizza! Got a House Special - basically a Supreme. I asked them to put all the pepperoni on one side. Himself's half was edge to edge, practically overlapping pepperoni. And they were very generous with the rest of the toppings, too. Now I have a backup plan place for when I want pizza but don't want to make pizza.

Back
Top Bottom