Thursday's Dinner - 8/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had an easy supper planned, but then the sink wouldn't drain and I had to unblock it. Really put me off of doing anything more in the kitchen, so we ordered burgers.

I'm going to air fry corn dogs...World's Fair frozen something-er-others. They are good! I did make potato salad earlier today...so we'll have that too. (Tomorrow, I'm making Wild Rice Picnic Salad!). I won't bother with pictures. Shhhhh....I'm using paper plates!

More of that pike, along with leftover short ribs lo meon, with a cold slice of watermellon for deset. Rice Dream tastes great when eaten with the savory short ribs, and fish.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Ran some errands in the "big city" and decided to dine at O'Connor's. The founders have decided that it is time to retire, so they sold the place to a restaurant ownership group. The new owners were allowed to buy it only if they changed nothing. So far it's the same wonderful, tasty place with huge portions for a fair price. Himself had their fish pie with five different seafoods (haddock, bay scallops, salmon, minced clams, swordfish) while I had a full stuffed chicken breast schnitzel saltimbocca, loaded mashed potatoes, and veggie mix. Himself ordered his as the Restaurant Week special, which included an appetizer and dessert at a discounted price. He had a cup of their wonderful clam chowder (I got a couple of spoons full) and we shared his Bailey's Irish cream ice cream pie. Enough leftover entrees for tomorrow!

IMG_20220811_203728955_HDR.jpgIMG_20220811_203739894_HDR.jpg

Jambalaya with leftover sausage, drumsticks, did peel some shrimp to add at the end - but they were in the fridge when I had a hunger attack and never made it to the dish. :rolleyes: later, next time. (or maybe I'll just eat the shrimp alone when I get to cooking them :pig:)
Have a portion for soon... and...
Froze two portions for single dinners.

Back
Top Bottom