Thursday's Dinner - 9/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Hello Again, September !

Franks & Bush's Original Beans with Bacon & Onion added...
Home Fries with Onions...
Variegated Corn, soon to be off of the Cob....

Franks & Bush's 9-1-22.jpg

Attachments

• Beef Tenderloin 8-28-22.jpg
    Beef Tenderloin 8-28-22.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 27
Grilled chicken and berry salad, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries, with glazed cashews and a red onion, poppy seed and honey dressing.

Attachments

• 20220901_181549.jpg
    20220901_181549.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 21
I had supper plans. But, when I went into the kitchen to start the prep, I realized that I wasn't feeling well enough to cook. It's not so much that I feel unwell when I'm sitting down. It's more that I can't do anything without completely pooping out after about three minutes. Just thinking about all the steps in making a simple supper was enough to poop me out.

So, we ordered burgers. They were yummy and minimal clean up.

I'm so sorry taxy! I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Everyone else, great jobs!!

IMG_2071.jpg

The rain has subsided and I thought it a perfect opportunity to fry Chicken!
YUP!
I prefer to deep fry outside and get the mess out there.
The Farm Stand still has fresh COTB and so I made up a small natch of Coleslaw to go along side it all.
Delicious!
I have some Fun-Sized assorted candy bars for dessert later

The plan was dressing, roasted chickens, potato chunks baked under the chicken, and fresh corn on the cob. I ran out of energy. All got done except for the corn. I used drippings from the chicken to add flavor to the dressing. It came out perfect, as did the chicken, very moist and tender. I boiled the neck and giblets, and added MaryAnne's chicken seasoning to the broth. When cooled, the broth was injected all over in the chicken roaster. I filled the cavity with roughly chopped onion, and garlic cloves, then trussed it. Brushed the skin with butter, and lightly seasoned with salt, and granulated garlic. Baked on a rack over the spuds. They tasted great as well. Roasted to an internal temp of 160, and pilled the chicken. Rested for 30 minutes before cutting into parts. The chicken was very juicy, and tender. Over all, though it wore me out, it was enjoyed by all.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

The plan was dressing, roasted chickens, potato chunks baked under the chicken, and fresh corn on the cob. I ran out of energy. All got done except for the corn. I used drippings from the chicken to add flavor to the dressing. It came out perfect, as did the chicken, very moist and tender. I boiled the neck and giblets, and added MaryAnne's chicken seasoning to the broth. When cooled, the broth was injected all over in the chicken roaster. I filled the cavity with roughly chopped onion, and garlic cloves, then trussed it. Brushed the skin with butter, and lightly seasoned with salt, and granulated garlic. Baked on a rack over the spuds. They tasted great as well. Roasted to an internal temp of 160, and pilled the chicken. Rested for 30 minutes before cutting into parts. The chicken was very juicy, and tender. Over all, though it wore me out, it was enjoyed by all.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20220901_140435.jpg
    20220901_140435.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220901_141444.jpg
    20220901_141444.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220901_141532.jpg
    20220901_141532.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220901_183025.jpg
    20220901_183025.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 12
I had another bowl of that gazpacho in the later afternoon, then I got what I could get done for this pasta dish, and let it sit together, while out in the garden. I made another large batch of that "no cook tomato sauce", which I make a lot in the summer, this time with just over 3 lbs of cherry tomatoes, halved, with garlic, basil, olive oil, kalamata olive paste, and even more anchovies than last time, with some fish sauce. This time I cooked 1¼ c dried Navy beans, and 2/3 c freekeh, in the IP, in separate batches, to use as the legumes and grains I always put in with a pound of pasta, for this dish. After I had a large bowl of it for dinner, I had a packed 4 qt bowl left over, so I'll be eating leftovers for a while, though a couple friends know I was making it, and I know they'll be over.

I always put the legumes and grains I use for this in the pasta pot when it is ready, just to heat them all together, then drain them well. Then mix that with the tomatoes, and fold it all together.
Pasta, Navy beans, and freekeh, ready to mix it with the tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, anchovi by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished pasta dish, with minor changes from the usual recipe. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom