Thursday's Dinner - 9/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I had some leftovers, from yesterday.
Last night I had my Mexican dinner with a couple of friends. Only one large avocado's worth of guacamole (the other 4 were still rock hard!), while heating up that venison liver in chipotle sauce (made with that salsa negra of Rick Bayless), and a simple sauce I made with guajillo chiles, tomatoes, and a pound of chorizo made with venison. Both of these dishes had about 2 c of okra added, to stretch them, and add vegetables. The father gave me the venison this time; the son the last season's venison. I heated the corn tortillas on one of my gas burners, before taking them over there. Served them with some colby, as well as some queso panela.

Last edited:
Tonight was stofed bone in rib pork chops, stuffed with chevre, and dried, wild blueberries. The outsides were seasoned with KFC chicken seasoning, and the Shake & Bake for pork. Stovetop stuffing for pork was the side, with freshly made lemon curd in puff pastry shells for desert. It was all so very tasty.

Seeeeya; Chief
Longwind of the North

I picked up SO from the airport this evening so dinner was quick as she was starving (and I can always eat something). Pan seared pork tenderloin medallions and buttered egg noodles.

IMG_0332.jpeg

I made Linda's pot o' pig. It's a Danish way of serving pork. I haven't made it in a while and it seemed to be particularly good this time. I served it with boiled fingerling potatoes. Normally, I would serve this with rødkål, but I didn't have any on hand and I didn't have the spoons to make some. We'll probably make some this weekend. It was delicious. I practically licked the pot to get all of the tasty sauce. Stirling served himself the way he was told to do that at the Danish pub where we first had it. Put the potatoes on the plate and put the pork and sauce on top of the potatoes. I put mine on the side and put sauce on the potatoes.

Linda's pot o' pig and fingerling potatoes.jpg
Linda's pot o' pig and fingerling potatoes again.jpg

I had freezer meal of Jambalaya. Tasty for all the ingredients, only there seemed to be a bit of a watery after-taste. Don't ever remember that happening before.

I don't like to shop. To me that means you want/need something but aren't sure what to get so you go to stores and "shop". I decide what I need then go to a store and buy it.

I suspect my wardrobe reflects that approach.

I thought Swiss Steak is with tomato type sauce and Smothered Steak has brown gravy. I could be wrong ... I've been wrong all day. That's why the experts suggest not to make financial decisions on Friday ... biggest car shopping day of the week!

My kids want me to wear an ankle bracelet - has two alarms, one for when I enter a grocery store, hardware or nursery. A 2nd alarm goes off if I'm in there longer than 15 minutes, at which point they shut down my credit card. :mad::cry:

Back
Top Bottom