Thursday's Kitchen Duty - 9/9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Eye-Poke Day , so Dinner was a Can-opening affair .....

Hot Dog Nuggets, Diced Tomatoes, Dark Kidney Beans, Corn and Vidalia Onion,
with a splash or two of Beef Broth, simmered while the Rice was cooking........
Not sure what to call it ..............

Hot Dog Combo.jpg

We had a mix of leftovers and repurposed leftovers. We cleaned up the potato and corn/tomato salads. I sliced leftover steak really thin and mixed it into sauteed onions and mushrooms, toasted a French roll with provolone cheese, and piled the steak mixture into the roll. Dill pickle on the side, a Capresish salad before...and who needs dessert?

IMG_20210909_215014297.jpg

I think I have prodrome for a migraine. In any case, I'm sort of out of it and having visual disturbances, so I didn't think that cooking sounded like a very good idea. We ordered burrito bowls.

Took left over half of Little Caesar's Pepperoni Pizza, topped with more pepperoni, hard salami, and chopped up meatballs with meatball sauce, all topped with provolone cheese. It turned a fairly bland pizza into something worth eating.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Vegetable soup, from homemade stock. Carrots, celery, onion, garlic, tiny red potatoes and peas from the garden, chopped tomatoes from the greenhouse, well-simmered. With grilled white cheddar on rye and a glass of Col di Sasso red.

46OCL74.jpg

Last night's dinner was Rotisserie chicken, deli potato and macaroni salads and Caesar salad.

rotisserie_chicken_090921_IMG_8597.jpg

I made fish and taters. Halibut cooked with julienned carrots, topped with chopped onion, basil and butter, then smothered with cream and baked to perfection! Along side twice baked potatoes. It was good!

IMG_5539.jpg

Back
Top Bottom