TN - Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge ... suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carolelaine

Senior Cook
We are going to stay outside of Gatlinburg next week. Any suggestions for good places to eat in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg. We like just about any kind of food. Thanks.

I haven't been down to that area in years. You are going at a great time of year, hopefully the fall color will be wonderful.

Lets see, everyone always raves about breakfast at the Burning Bush in Gatlinburg.
There are a couple of quirky places I like just outside of the park:

The Mill restaurant and the Trout Farm, both are out by Townsend TN (near the entrance to Cades Cove). The Trout Farm is fantastic, they give you a pole and you can catch your own or just tell them what size trout you want. Get their blackberry cobbler, its to die for. It near the Tuckaleechee Caverns and springs which is alot of fun to tour.
The Mill restaurant is run by a family out of their farmhouse and you will need reservations but its price fixe and BYOB, its good.

Avoid the chains and seek out the little family run places, also try doing a search at www.chowhound.com.

Have a great trip!

Gatlinburg has grown so much since the 50's ( what hasn't?) It was such a beautiful peaceful little town..now it is a tourist trap. The last time we were there a few years back we ate at a 50's diner..it was pretty good.
Dove

Cades Cove - if you go to the Carter-Shields cabin, you'll see where my Grandfather was born. :)

Half Baked said:
Cades Cove - if you go to the Carter-Shields cabin, you'll see where my Grandfather was born. :)

That is SO COOl. I have been through Cades Cove many times. The best way to see it is to ride your bike around the loop. I think no cars are allowed until after 10:00 a.m. on the w/ends to accomodate the bikers.

Such a beautiful area......

Toots said:
I haven't been down to that area in years. You are going at a great time of year, hopefully the fall color will be wonderful.

Lets see, everyone always raves about breakfast at the Burning Bush in Gatlinburg.

The Burning Bush is no more. It's Applewood or something like that, and I hear it's pretty good.

Gburg/Pforge/Sville aren't exactly culinary destinations, but I've had decent food there. I've been meaning to head over to the Fox and Parrot for some pub food sometime, but can't bring myself to make the hour drive. :ermm:

The colors are starting to slightly change, but you'll probably miss the majority of the color by being there too early. It's kind of cool at night, but we're expected to be close to record highs today.

A friend of my mine's in-law family were the last people to live in Cade's Cove.

Back
Top Bottom