TNT Asian Short Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNoodleIncident

Senior Cook
just wanted a share a successful new recipe that i tried yesterday - it's Emeirl's recipe, so i cant take any real credit, and it was the one that looked best when i googled "asian short ribs"

Asian-Style Braised Short Ribs Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Food Network

i pretty much followed the recipe exactly as written, with few exceptions: used 4 lbs of ribs instead of 5 (only because that's what i had), didnt use lemongrass because i didnt have time to run to the asian market (but def want to use it next time), used low sodium soy sauce, and used 3 cups of water instead of 4 because i ran out of room in my pot

the ribs were tender and moist, but still had some tooth to them....they glazed nicely....the final sauce was a a little on the salty side, but i tend to like that (serving over rice or some sort of starch is a must)....you need to like hoisin, because it is a strong component of the final sauce/glaze (keep the leftover, it would go great on veggies or rice)....a fat separator is a huge help with this one....next time i might add a bit more sugar or honey

if anyone has any other similar recipes, i'd like to hear those too

I started making those about 5 years ago. one of the few recipes of Emerils I like... Do try it with the lemongrass it gives it that punch... I lay the ribs and sauce over fragrant jasmine rice... Very nice recipe...

Sounds tasty! I might have to attempt to adapt it to being cooked sous vide- short ribs has been on my list of things to try in my SVS.

Back
Top Bottom