TNT - Trinchado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TanyaK

Senior Cook
This is a very popular Portugese inspired South African/Mozambican dish and one of our favourites.

2 tablespoon olive oil
1.5 pound steak cut into cubes
3-4 hot red chillies with seeds
4 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup stock
1 cup red wine
1 bay leaf
Bread

Brown beef cubes in oil and remove. Add onion,chillies and garlic to pan and cook until soft, add flour and stir in until cooked.

Add stock and wine and stir until the sauce thickens. Add rest of ingredients simmer covered for 1.5 - 2.5 hours.Season
Season with salt and pepper.

Serve with bread.

Last edited:
Sounds great but I would add the olives and maybe raisins towards the end, I think they might work.

Ok, I saw your post in the Dinner tonight thread and thought what the heck is Trinchado????? Sounds really tasty... what kind of steak do you use? And what kind of bread? Do you serve anything else with it? Just asking cuz I definately would love to try this!

They usually use rump steak but I use any kind of steak as I braise it for ages (can even put it in the slow cooker) so tougher cuts will also do. We usually don't eat anything with it - we just dunk the bread in the trinchado sauce. We usually have soft white portugese bread with it. I also add some tomato paste, a little sugar and more chilli to mine. It's also a great party dish - except that some of my friends are real wimps so I always have to tone down the chilli :)

Yea, I think I would have to wimp it out for my DH... he can't take the heat either. Me, BRING IT ON!!!! Fire in the hole! Thanks for the recipe, I can't wait to try it! Plus, I love anything that you dunk bread into!

OH wow!! I need to start taking pics of my food too... specially the ones that turn out great! I'm ready to sit on a floor and eat!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom