To Taco Or Not, That Is The Question ~ Tues. 10/6/2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
DH is still in the no solid food mode
until his procedure.
So I went out and got take-out
BBQ, real Texas-style Q.

IMG_6283.jpg

There's enough here to feed me for a while!

Today's effort ;
Pan-Seared Tenderloin, finished in the Air Fryer, Grilled Zucchini, Sliced Yukons fried in Duck Fat, Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Butter, and the Salad, of course...

Surf & Turf 2.jpg

Pan-fried pork chops, broccoli with cheese sauce, made with Tillamook cheese that seemed kind of low moisture dry but melted really nicely. And mixed lettuce from Aldi's, added toms and cukes and some red onion. Bottled red french dressing.

I'm getting hungry again reading about and seeing those yummy suppers.

Ours was pretty yummy too. We had smoked salmon on bagels with cream cheese, then the rest of the vegi bisque, and shared a passion fruit for dessert.

Today, to use up some more cherry and grape tomatoes I got out there again, I made a pasta dish in the Instant Pot, a one-dish recipe in one of those free classes from Milk Street - Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Sage. The method worked great, even using a different pasta (they call for long pasta, broken in half, in the recipes I read), which I did. The seasonings are cooked briefly in the olive oil, then the tomatoes and water are added, it is turned off, the pasta is added, and it is pressed down, so all is submerged, then it is pressure cooked 5 minutes. The pressure is quickly released, then some of the sage is stirred in with some smoked paprika (which added a delicious flavor), and it is covered to rest 3 minutes. It is then served with some freshly grated pecorino, and a little more fresh sage.
Ingredients for Milk Street's pasta with cherry tomatoes and fresh sage. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Sage, finished cooking. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Sage, served with a little grated pecorino cheese. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
Tonight's crockpot meal was rosemary beef stew, along with salad and those weirdly-shaped rolls I made.

Last night's dinner was pan seared NY strip steak and sautéed broccoli rabe.

strip_steak_broccoli_rabe_100620_IMG_7265.JPG

That looks so good! I've not had real Q since last December. [emoji26]

This place we have in town is dang good!
The Brisket is the best I've had. I always
order the "Rich Cut", fattier meat, YUM!
I sat at their cut Cowgirl themed bar and
had a local draft Beer while I waited
for my food, FABULOUS!!
DH doesn't really care for BBQ nor Beer,
so that was a win-win for me. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom